Looking for an Intense Cardio Video

Options
looking for an intense cardio video (that will leave me panting) that isn't too hard on the knees

usually i do circuit training videos, because i'm really trying to incorporate strength training into my newfound fitness routine

but i'm running an 8K on sunday, and i'm focusing on preparing for that this week.

i was hoping to go for a jog this evening, but it started pouring down rain.

i'm totally new to running so i ran 6km yesterday. i didn't stop because my legs were sore. i stopped because i was out of breath and my chest hurt. it was super hot outside, but i still think that indicates that maybe (correct me if i'm misguided here) i should focus on my cardio endurance...

anyway, if anyone has any videos they could recommend that aren't too hard on the knees (and/or any other advice) i'd be really appreciative. thanks

Replies

• grenod
    grenod Posts: 3
    Options
    Insanity workouts are great cardio. If you are running, your knees should be able to handle the Insanity cardio workouts.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    oh thanks! why didn't i think of insanity. i did one of the videos once, a few weeks ago. definitely makes you sweat. thanks :)
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    T25 is Shaun T's newest video and all of the workouts are 25 minutes long and will leave you dripping sweat! Another good workout is Les Mills Combat. Kickboxing at it's best!
  • kaylarunshappy
    Options
    To get better at running you just need to run more. I would suggest a couch to 5k program or one of Hal Higdon's plans: http://www.halhigdon.com/.

If you're looking for alternate workouts to do indoors because there's bad weather I would try Insanity, P90x, or make up your own routine of plyos at intervals.