protien shakes with out protien taste

Options

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Generally the RTD shakes are less proteiny tasting but are expensive.

Maybe try mixing vanilla protein powder with diet orange or rootbeer soda. Throw it in the blender with a few ice cubes for a more shake like thickness.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    These sound like great ideas... I tries mixing it with chocolate milk this morning and that was a no go... I have the vanilla flavored whey protien mix
  • Trace232
    Options
    Hi all,

What are the benifits of protien powders, do they halp with weight loss, even if your not going crazy with exercising ??
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I drink Premier Protein pre-made protein shakes from Costco. 30 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs and only 1 gram of sugar, and it tastes nearly identical to chocolate milk. Plus, its fairly economical. A 24 pack is $25. I highly recommend those.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Try something different. Right now, I'm loving the GNC Total Lean Total Lean Shakes in the following flavors (BTW I only use water to mix with it and they're fab):

Orange Cream (tastes like the Push-Ups you used to eat as a kid

Key Lime Pie (Take a sip and you'll swear you can taste the pie crust)

Cinnamon Apple Awesome (Limited Edition)

If you're feeling wild, mix their Orange Cream and their Banana (1 scoop each) and you have a really nice orange banana flavor.

They also have pumpkin in the premade bottles. I haven't tried these but last year they had pumpkin in the powder and it was very good.

I didn't know GNC had the Orange Cream out? I would love to try that!!! Thanks for the heads up!
  • tfisher0915
    tfisher0915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I give another vote for Syntrax Nectar. My favorite flavors are Caribbean Cooler (pineapple coconut) & Vanilla Bean Torte. The Vanilla Bean Torte I add to cold milk (1 scoop/8 oz milk). The Caribbean Cooler I like to use 2 different ways: added to water along with Dasani Pineapple Coconut Water Enhancer. The second way is my breakfast most mornings: 6 oz. Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt, 2 scoops Caribbean Cooler Protein Powder, 1 ounces Kashi Go Lean cereal, 1 oz. roasted edamame & 1/4 cup fresh pineapple. The yogurt mix is absolutely delicious & very filling! Plus it gives you >80 grams of protein!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm using Cytosport chocolate from Costco right now. I hated it at first, but it grew on me. (I made myself use it since the bag was so big and cost a lot.) I love Metabolic Reset, which I could find at King Soopers in Colorado but now I order from Amazon.

And I actually DO think that my smoothies taste like a Wendy's Frosty! I do usually use peanut butter for the fat, but my latest favorite is with chocolate powder, soy milk, raw unsweetened coconut, and just a tiny bit of almond extract--like an Almond Joy bar. Yum! (I suppose almond milk would be even better, but I switched to soy milk several months ago.)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Steak in a blender. Tastes like steak.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    These are about 450 calories and I drink one almost everyday. I use the Costco Muscle Milk. I prefer the chocolate.

Recipe: 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt any brand, 1/2 cup fat free milk, 2 tsp of honey, 5 frozen strawberries, 6 almonds and a little less than 1 scoop of Muscle Milk. Mix it all in the blender. If a little too thick, add a small amount of water.

If you are used to sweet things, it will be a little bitter at first. I eat the remaining Greek yogurt off the spoon which to me tastes bad and then, drink the smoothie which tastes wonderful in comparison!.

Now that I have gotten used to them, I love them! I like to put them in a keep cold cup and take them with me when I do not have time for a proper meal.
  • lannasster
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition or MusclePharm are the best whey proteins in my opinion. They both have several flavors and good taste. You can even add in different things to make it taste better. I mix mine with almond milk and add in cocoa powder or frozen berries (I have the banana cream flavor.)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ISO sensation 93 - BEST protein shake EVER! I love the cookies and cream one. Mmm
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use either vanilla or Chocolate powder. I mix it with coconut/almond milk and some ice cubes. I then add some SF coffee syrups like caramel German Choc cake or what ever else sounds good. Then add some plain greek yogurt. Mix it all up in a Ninja till it is the consistency of a milkshake...
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    Try egg protein powder. It is a higher-quality protein than whey, and it doesn't have that disgusting chalk taste...however, because of these factors, it is more expensive.
  • sighless
    Options
    Just water and protein powder is awful.

My favorite is in a blender, 1 scoop chocolate protein (body fortress, it's cheap) 1 frozen banana, a couple handfuls of ice, a splash of coconut milk and a raw egg, blend until smooth (add water or milk to get the consistency you like) . It's so good.

It's been said already; but, orange or orange juice and vanilla protein taste like dreamcycle.

Espresso (brewed is better; but instant isn't bad) is a great ingredient! If you like ice coffees. with chocolate pro powder you have a mocha!

Another great flavor is chocolate powder, ice and mint (extract or leaves)

Just about any frozen fruit and vanilla tastes fantastic.

Add milk and/or a raw egg (or homogenized whites for the weaker stomached) makes it creamier and egg are a "slower burning" protein. A little coconut oil or olive oil (or for the brave, an avocado! doesn't affect the taste as much as you'd think) will also add a creamy consistency (but be careful those extra's will quickly add calories) Greek yogurt (also adds the probiotic aspect)

A blender and a little imagination and you can make all sorts of great shakes/smoothies.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Zija Pr1me90 in dutch chocolate is amazing - no protein taste and mix it with water. YUm!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Tried a powder made from hemp in a strawberry/banana shake this weekend, not bad and I am not the protein drink type, thought I'd try it and I felt fuller longer.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate mixed with milk is very good.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Key lime pie protein shake:

1 Frozen banana
    1 cup rolled oats
    1 lime zested and juiced
    1/4 cup peacans
    2 dates
    1 scoop sunwarrior

Blend all ingredients and enjoy :)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Right now what I am really loving is mixing the Dymatize Elite XT Chocolate Fudge Brownie powder with Matcha Green Tea Powder and Seedless Cherries and lactose free milk. It tastes just like a chocolate covered cherry and the cherrys sweeten it just enough that you don't taste the protein much thats in it. Also the Choc Fudge Brownie powder is good too if you instead of using milk or water can mix it with coffee then it tastes kinda like a mild latte.