tough mudder

Options
2»

Replies

• LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hmm ten miles of hills snow cold water electritic shock and ice baths... oh and ten foot walls to climb and mud to get through....

running a marathon on a road...

i dont know..seems the same to me...

LMAO! Well put!
  • smartin9912
    smartin9912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Did one in March, doing another one in October, not a marathon runner so I can't say ones harder than the other however the tough mudder is one of the hardest challenges I have ever done, and one of the best experiences in my life!
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one in October if anyone wants to be friends add me. I can always use a little extra motivation.
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm doing one in September! Everyone feel free to add me and we can help motivate one another and give advice on training tips and such!
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Sydney in September. Can. Not. Wait!! :smile:
  • magnjes
    Options
    I have run about five 1/2 marathons and recently did the tough mudder in Tahoe. Was very difficult. Probably the most difficult thing I have ever done physically. The course in Tahoe is about 5 miles straight up (to the top of Northstar) and 6 miles down a stone filled path. Combined with the 20+ obsticles. I saw so many people give up or rest. My arms and legs were bloodied and bruised. Overall, loved it because I felt it was a huge achievement.
  • jw_lefebvre
    jw_lefebvre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have completed two in Toronto in the last year. They are not as difficult as the videos make them out to be, it is highly dependent on the pace you take. Those trying to complete it at their own personal records and really pushing it can make it super difficult, but you could take it easy and slow and doing it this way will result in most being able to complete it. That is not to say it is not a great workout and a lot of fun. I definitely recommend it to anyone. But if you are fit and have team members who are not so much, you will not feel like it was difficult, but you will enjoy helping them push themselves farther than they believed possible.

Note: the weather also makes a huge difference. The first one I did it was 4-8 degrees C all day and it was raining, this was almost unbearable, people were being pulled off the course because they couldn't handle the cold. Thus it was not physically hard, but more of a mental battle. The next time I did it the weather was 20 degrees and sunny. This TM was a breeze and very enjoyable.
  • brandon_2A
    Options
    Old thread bump.

Anyhow....I've never done one and am in no way ready for it, but am registered for April 2014 in PA.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Yep, it was definitely tough, but if you train you can make it. Here is a 12 week plan that helped me:

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/endurance-training/The-12-Week-Tough-Mudder-Training-Plan.html

I completed my first TM on February 23, 2013 and my next is April 5, 2014. SO EXCITED!

:drinker:
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I did my first Tough Mudder a few months ago. Had a blast. I'd recommend going as part of a team if you have a chance. People are great about helping each other along the way, but it's nice to be part of the same team throughout the event. It's tough, but worth it.
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just done mud runner yesterday,10k mud run up and down hills in the uk! absolutely loved it, signing up now for icebreaker in february: 10 k mud run/ 20k mud cycling/4 k run ! Had nothing else planned this day anyway! :-)
  • onetoughmudder
    Options
    hmm ten miles of hills snow cold water electritic shock and ice baths... oh and ten foot walls to climb and mud to get through....

running a marathon on a road...

i dont know..seems the same to me...

LMAO! Well put!

i've done both....marathon is definitely harder. there's so many bottlenecks at the obstacles you get significant break time. not like running straight for 3 hours
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first tough mudder on saturday so i'll let you know, i don't have a marathon to compare it to however.