Hi, I'm Jessica :)

Options
Hi I'm Jessica, I'm a 28 year old mom of 3 little kids. I'm currently trying to lose about 100 pounds to get into the "healthy" range on the BMI chart. I've been as heavy as 282 pounds on my 5'5" frame but the lightest I've ever been is 185, and that was when I was in high school.

My goal weight is around 145-150 but I've NEVER been that light before so I have no clue if that's realistic and/or appropriate for me. I hope to find out ASAP :)

I've tried to lose weight many times over the last 10 years, the lowest I've gotten down to recently was 207 last year but quickly gained back to 258.

I've finally given up on trying to go it alone and so my husband and I joined a gym and enlisted the help of a personal trainer to help me figure out exactly what tweaks I need to make sure that I lose and NEVER gain the weight back again.

I would love to connect with other members for support/ advice/ encouragement/ friendship :)

Good luck to all and thanks for taking the time to read my story!

Replies

• shelbydionneriker
    Options
    Welcome, Jessica! You sound like you are ready to get going! Good luck with your journey! You will do great!!! :)
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You've definitely come to the right place. When I started here I didn't think I could weigh less than 140lbs because I never had before, but I made it to 130lbs and still going. If you want to get there you will :) Good luck
  • jessicahartpollock
    Options
    Thanks ladies,

It's definitely been tougher than anything I've tried on my own (I was pretty sedentary before) but in the 2 weeks that I've been working with the trainer (and working out on my own too) I'm down 14 pounds! I'm really happy with that but SO impatient for the rest to come off LOL.

I almost wish that I HAD been at my goal weight before so that at least I'd know what sort of body I'll have! Right now I'm just so anxious to see the surprise body at the end of the road!

I guess that's pretty good motivation huh? For the first time I'm actually thinking it's possible to get there and not just settle for 'under 200'.
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It IS possible. But it will take a lot of work and dedication. You've made a good start and if you really want it you'll make it happen and I'm sure you'll look great when you do :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. I'm sure you can do it. It will take time but don't give up. I suggest you make small goals to work towards (20/25 lb at a time) so you see you are making progress.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    hey, welcome :) You've definitely come to the right place :)

There are some fantastic people on this site, that will keep you motivated and entertained :)

Good luck!! Feel free to friend request if you'd like.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Thats brillaint

Delighted for you giving it a try, best of luck