are YOU taking vitamins?

Options
if so what are you taking? are you taking any dietary supplements?

i just started Vitamin B12 :)

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    I'm taking acidophilus, prenatal multi, extra folic acid and a fish oil.
  • koukla17
    koukla17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yes, a regular daily women's vitamin. no supplements. how's the B12 going?
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I just started on some One a Day multi-vitamins, the weight control type i believe is what it is called. The main reason i started with this type is overall health, with me cutting calories and exercising more i want to make sure i'm doing it right. I don't think this is made as a weight loss supplement, i hope it isn't at least. Anyone know anything i don't know?
  • mama0f4
    mama0f4 Posts: 15
    Options
    i need to start taking more vitamins- the b12 i just started today :) i should prob get a one a day womans vitamin huh? :)
  • aliciamille
    Options
    because I hate swallowing huge pills...I take Multi-Vites. They're gummies and they taste like fruit snacks!!! :tongue:

you can get them at CVS...and probably walgreens too
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've never taken vitamins before. I've tried but they make me nauseous. Right now I'm trying 1/2 multivitamin and I'm taking a potassium supp. I don't get any where near the potassium I should. So far the 1/2 vitamin is not making me sick. I figure 1/2 is better than none.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i take 1 calcium, 1 woman's one a day with iron (I don't eat dairy), 2 evening primrose oil ( i have wicked PMS) and that's about it
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I take Osteo Bi-Flex, One a Day teen formula (yes I know I am 36 years old but adult vitamins make me sick and this one has iron), acidophilus and cod liver oil.

I take the osteo bi-flex because I am a runner and my knee was really hurting I don't know if the supplement or the exercises or the stretching or what made the difference but not about to change it up as my knees feel great.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I take women's one-a-day multi vitamins. I'm terrible about taking pills so I even added it as a category on my food diary. this way as i log everything else in, I can see if I have taken it or not.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    We are TTC so my suppliments change depending on the day. I take a prenatal and an Omega 3-6-9 all month and a B complex for the last half of the month. My acupuncturist has me on a couple of different Chinese herbs which change weekly depending on my symptoms.
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take a Women's daily multivitamin, Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc with vitamin D as I was told that I already have signicant bone loss at 36, Acidophilus and a fiber supplement as I have a digestive disorder and need to stay "regular" and during that TOM I take extra Iron since I tend to get really weak and tired and it helps with my energy levels.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I've been taking magnesium citrate, fish oil, vitamin D3 (liquid caps), and when I remember it, mini multivites.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin C, Vitamin D, B-Complex, Stress multi-vitamin, and diabetic support multi-vitamin (for the Chromium, L-carnatine and L-tyrosine).
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Fish oil, womens multi, calcium, & ginger. I've been thinking about trying out one of the packs from GNC but I'm not sure I have the dedication to take that much!
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    yes i take one a day womens vitamin, iron , vitamin d and at least a 1/4cup of walnuts or 1 tbsp flaxseed ground for the omega 3, and tums for calcium because i was takin oscal but doc said tums is safer..... by me cutting so many cals i dont want to have any problems so doc put me on these......
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Animal Packs and fish oil. Including all the other stuff I take, I could probably live on pills.
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    I do take a multi vitamin, but not the normal store bought kind. My stomach can't handle the multi vitamins in the stores and the coating on them, so I take an all natual multi vitamin that my doctor gives to me. It is made from real things like wheat germ, carrot root, liver, etc. Standard Process makes it and its called Catalyn. Also, my doc said that a lot of multi vitamins are chemically created and that was causing some of my stomach issued.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with green tea extract and a calcium tablet while away at work because I don't eat dairy and I can't meet my requirements at work.
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start taking vitamins. I'm lactose-intolerant, so definitely not getting the needed amount as calcium. Also know I need to, with the new calorie-intake and workouts. However, I simply can't take pills *multiple times* a day. And it seemed that most recommended instructions for vitamins are 2-3 times daily.

My question is: Is a women's one-a-day multipurpose vitamin enough?
    Anyone have suggestions for single-dose a day pills?

Thanks!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with green tea extract and a calcium tablet while away at work because I don't eat dairy and I can't meet my requirements at work.
    Make sure you take Vit D to help absorb the calcium.