Getting fit for Cosplaying

Options
I'm an anime fan, and I love going to conventions. Which I plan on cosplaying, and as my username says "Fitness for Reiner".
I plan on getting into shape to cosplay Reiner from the Attack On Titan anime.

i'm actually looking for people to add on here, people who are interested in games or anime. People to share motivation, support, and friendship.
I plan on losing about 85lbs, but I'm not just losing this weight just for cosplaying. I want to feel better and look better, I want a healthier life style. Cosplaying is my motivation, my goal.

Replies

• firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    oohh me me! I love my anime!
    I have never cosplayed before but I would very much like to one day. Preferably as Fong Soi in Bleach
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Awesome reason. Not into Anime myself, but just wanted to say!
    I'm definitely looking forward to going to my Con next year in my costume and hopefully looking the part by then. I just remember a guy this past year making a smart-*kitten* comment about an average-sized Mystique: "It's Mystique before she went on Weight Watchers" - took all I had not to punch him in the face. It shouldn't be about that though!

Good luck :)
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Avid cosplayer here! I'm not getting fit for that, but losing weight has given me more confidence to do cooler costumes than I used to :) Feel free to add me!
  • FitnessForReiner
    Options
    Hey!

Awesome reason. Not into Anime myself, but just wanted to say!
    I'm definitely looking forward to going to my Con next year in my costume and hopefully looking the part by then. I just remember a guy this past year making a smart-*kitten* comment about an average-sized Mystique: "It's Mystique before she went on Weight Watchers" - took all I had not to punch him in the face. It shouldn't be about that though!

Good luck :)

Wow, I would have wanted to punch him in the face too! Not only if that happened to myself, but if I overheard that...
    I think Consare super awesome, and I bet yours will look great! You should surely upload a photo of that! Mystique is pretty awesome!
    oohh me me! I love my anime!
    I have never cosplayed before but I would very much like to one day. Preferably as Fong Soi in Bleach
    To be honest, I never cosplayed either! I'm more of a photographer(Beginner), than a cosplayer. Though I want to cosplay Reiner from SnK as my friend will cosplay someone as well. Plus I love Reiner.
    I actually have a Choji(Naruto) cosplay coming in the mail, I shall be cosplaying in November if it's here by then. Choji is like 220lbs or so, sadly I'm 285lbs or so.. but hey, he's still kinda heavy so I thought I'd put my weight to good use! Cosplay someone more my body type. I don't think people should worry about their body when it comes to cosplaying, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable.
    I think you'd make a good Soi. :)
  • FitnessForReiner
    Options
    Avid cosplayer here! I'm not getting fit for that, but losing weight has given me more confidence to do cooler costumes than I used to :) Feel free to add me!

That's awesome. :)
    I will surely add you! I hope I can gain more confidence for mine. I feel extremely uncomfortable doing them, like I never done one yet, but my one coming in the mail has me nervous.
  • Red_Scorpio_555
    Red_Scorpio_555 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey, you gotta add me :D... I am new anime fan... I am from India... currently madly into Bleach... :D I am greatly inspired by anime piczzz for fitness :D I have 70+ lbs to loose :)) I would gladly be your frend :)) My fav so far is... Ichigo, Abarai Renji, and Kenpachi Zarachi, oh yea... rukia :D
  • MsJLauria
    Options
    Hi! I'm really into gaming, love anime but have fallen behind on my faves recently, maybe you could recommend me some new ones to watch!

I cosplayed at a convention a couple of years ago as Karin (naruto) and Lucy (elfin lied),

I'm doing Umbreon (yes the Pokemon!) and Winry (FMA) this time round, really excited to finally have the figure to pull her outfit off without feeling uncomfortable, weightless is so worth it if you have these kinds of goals IMO!
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Heya! I´used to be into anime a loooot and I still like it. Used to cosplay... and want to get back into it :) Also I have some LARP things coming up and want to get into shape for it, LARP and cosplay is comparable I think. Lately I have been getting into anime again, too, slowly but it's happening...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm really into gaming, love anime but have fallen behind on my faves recently, maybe you could recommend me some new ones to watch!

I cosplayed at a convention a couple of years ago as Karin (naruto) and Lucy (elfin lied),

I'm doing Umbreon (yes the Pokemon!) and Winry (FMA) this time round, really excited to finally have the figure to pull her outfit off without feeling uncomfortable, weightless is so worth it if you have these kinds of goals IMO!
    My faves are Shiki, Another, Deadman Wonderland, Ben-To, Psycho Pass, Steins Gate, Attack on Titan, The World God Only Knows, and Gosick.. Those are all 2010 to earlier this year.
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I really love gaming and anime as well! I would love to get into cosplaying, but always felt self-conscious about my weight. I use to work at the AZ Renaissance Faire too when I was a teenager (and was much thinner) it was so much fun. I've been having a great time playing Resident Evil lately and want to cosplay Jill Valentine someday. :)
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ooh me! I don't cosplay (yet), but I sew costume bits for my son who does. I have other hobbies that include costumes though, dressing up makes everything more fun! I'm also an old school gaming geek :)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My future cosplays are in my profile x3.

Strategy: Cosplay characters that have long black hair like me o-o;;
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have been itching to go as Mikasa from Attack on Titan so definitely needed to lose the weight! I also have Phoenix or Black Canary in my future- that was definitely a big deal in the weight division for me... All the good characters are skinny!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! I'm able to pull off 9th Doctor and Super Mario (girlfriend goes as Rose Tyler or Princess Peach).

One day I'd love to do Colossus from X-Men if I decide to bulk up or Quicksilver if I train for a marathon and slim down a bit, Jaganshi Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, or Alphonse Elric from FMA (with the girlfriend doing Kitty Pryde, Genkai, and Edward Elric crossplay).
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am an avid cosplayer and lover of anime and video games. My husband and I are currently working on our costumes for Dragon Con next year. We are doing Maya and Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 and a Rogue Shy Guy and Warrior Princess Daisy from Super Mario. I love making new cosplay friends because we can all learn from eachother!!
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't cosplayed yet but I wuld like to when I loose some more :) . But Me and my hubby love anime every night. Fav being xxx holic and maid soma lol I like the funny one's. Feal free to add me if you want ( that gos for any on ens to ).:drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    <--- Cosplaying is the main reason I work out. =)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you can add me. i want to be a combination of jean grey, rogue, supergirl, wonder woman, betty AND veronica ;)
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm getting fit to hopefully do a Saber from Fat/Stay Night cosplay :) Add me!

http://www.ncsx.com/2009/012609/fate_stay_saber_gift.htm this one prolly without armor. Depends on if I can afford materials after I buy the nice cloth.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love video games, like assassins creed, and the batman arkham series. in fact, the two of them inspired me to try new and different work outs.

no joke, i googled "bruce wayne work out." it's the first link. obviously, a work of fitness, but inspiring none the less.

so i started getting interested in things like parkour, gymnastics, martial arts, rock climbing, dynamic conditioning, and other great work outs to add intensity and variety.

good luck with your goals!