Getting back on the road to good health / PCOS

Options
Hello everyone.

I have used this site a couple of years ago, fell off and here I am again dusting my knees off and jumping back on the horse!

I am 25 years old, no kids, not married but happily in a relationship with my boyfriend Josh for 3 years. Let me tell you, Josh and I Loooooove to eat and last year I was diagnosed with PCOS (insulin resistant) I can't really eat all the processed foods that have high saturated fat, sugar etc etc. I ignored what my doctor told me and just thought living life would cure me but as the days go by and the not so healthy foods I eat make me feel like crap, tired and of course made my bulge around my midsection. I am here to start fresh and get back on the wagon to lose weight and hopefully encourage my boyfriend to do that same. I am currently 179 pounds my goal weight is 145-150 pounds. I am looking for people to encourage me and also any woman who also have PCOS that are going through the same struggles.! Good Luck to anyone who is on their journey to achieving your health goals!

Add me!

Replies

• mrswince
    Options
    Hi there. Firstly well done for getting back on the horse! Sometimes thats the hardest step to take!
    You said you have been diagnosed with PCOS. Me too, though I was diagnosed 15 years ago! They seem to know more about it now than then which is a start. You may or may not know that having pcos makes it more difficult to lose weight. I have been trying to find the right "plan" for years. I have recently started on a low GI diet- so far so good! If you want any pointers or recipe ideas give me a shout! Good Luck x
  • leapyearcutie
    leapyearcutie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 41, also have PCOS. I am married with 2 kids (and my husband lives far away for work) so life is...complicated. I have been on WW for a year and lost 35 pounds...I am down 75 from my highest weight but still have at least 60 to go. I'd love to connect!

Good for you for working to be healthier! Together we can get this done!