What food can't you stop eating once you start?

Options

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes Cheetos, ice cream, chocolate, cereal, etc.....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand this. Three bites of something like chocolate, apple pie, etc., is enough to satisfy any cravings.

That explains why you were 41 lbs overweight, I guess....?

Excuse me? I was NOT 41 lbs. overweight!

Just looking at your ticker.

Do you honestly not understand cravings and overeating? I know I got 60 lbs overweight by overeating. How did you manage it without overeating?
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Vegan cookie dough
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Flamin' Hot Cheetos and Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. They CANNOT come into my house. I will eat them all, and head to the store for more! Total binge triggers!
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    tirimassuuuuuuu .. absolute heaven especialy with alcohol in it :tongue:
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    diet coke, Doritos and chips with french onion dip! I haven't had any since July and KNOW i can't because they are so addicting to me. I know no food is bad but these are just addicting for me. :)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have a tough time with nuts. Sure they're healthier than most snacks and have healthy fat but they still are loaded in calories. I can't just eat a small handful at one time and keep reaching for more. Have had to settle to not keeping them in the house.

And since others in my home demand it, there are always things like potato/tortilla chips, cookies, pastries, ice cream, and soda pop around and right now there are a few open bags of fun size candy bars for the upcoming Halloween events. I have NO problems totally avoiding partaking of those items, just can't leave nuts alone when they are around.
  • Hey_Helen
    Options
    Icecream!!! It's ridicilous how much icecream I can eat in one siting:sick:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand this. Three bites of something like chocolate, apple pie, etc., is enough to satisfy any cravings.

Do you honestly not understand cravings and overeating? I know I got 60 lbs overweight by overeating. How did you manage it without overeating?

Whatever the ticker says, my goal was to lose 30 lbs. and I've lost 22. How did I gain 30 lbs. without overeating? .... by not getting any exercise. I quit riding, showing, and training 10 years ago, we weren't farming much ( no garden, raising just enough hay for half our own needs), retired in 2011 from my on-my-feet job, and basically ate the same but didn't do anything to burn calories. I got very sedentary and didn't pay any attention, basically. Now I'm doing a lot more farm work, we're raising ten times the hay, we have a big organic-methods garden, and I'm training horses again. I've never had a problem with cravings or overeating, so now that I'm a lot more active, I feel and look a lot better. My husband has diabetes, neuropathy in both feet, balance problems, three rotator cuff surgeries, and a broken leg. With the transition to a working farm, he has had to switch to doing stuff like cooking and laundry, and I'm hauling feed, loading and stacking hay, etc. I love it.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Flaming Hot Cheetos, Peanut Butter M&M's, french fries, the list goes on and on... but those are definitely at the top of the list.
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Chips! It's true! No one can eat just 1!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Whatever the ticker says, my goal was to lose 30 lbs. and I've lost 22. How did I gain 30 lbs. without overeating? .... by not getting any exercise. I quit riding, showing, and training 10 years ago, we weren't farming much ( no garden, raising just enough hay for half our own needs), retired in 2011 from my on-my-feet job, and basically ate the same but didn't do anything to burn calories. I got very sedentary and didn't pay any attention, basically. Now I'm doing a lot more farm work, we're raising ten times the hay, we have a big organic-methods garden, and I'm training horses again. I've never had a problem with cravings or overeating, so now that I'm a lot more active, I feel and look a lot better. My husband has diabetes, neuropathy in both feet, balance problems, three rotator cuff surgeries, and a broken leg. With the transition to a working farm, he has had to switch to doing stuff like cooking and laundry, and I'm hauling feed, loading and stacking hay, etc. I love it.

Why are you even on MFP then? Honest question. It sounds like you eat the same all the time but lose weight when you are busy/exercise and gain weight when you're not.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

Why are you even on MFP then? Honest question. It sounds like you eat the same all the time but lose weight when you are busy/exercise and gain weight when you're not.

Yes, that's EXACTLY the case. I eat whatever I want to eat, but in moderation ( I've never had an overeating problem). Why am I on MFP? My niece became a fitness instructor, and signed me up, set up my page for me, and it's instructive to me to be able to track what I eat and how much I work out, and let the site tell me how many calories I've burned doing haying, or whatever..
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Pizza, definitely! Also, homemade chili. Can't stop myself from eating a couple bowls, perhaps with cheese and sour cream........
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Cereal.

I haven't bought any in ages cause I will literally devour the entire box in one sitting regardless how full I get. It can be the most boring cereal in the world and I still can't control myself!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, nutella, ice cream, pizza, cereal (especially Special K).
    The list is pretty much endless...
  • Bellasoxie
    Bellasoxie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this may sound weird due to all the other foods that were listed, but cheese. I LOVE cheese. I could eat slice after slice. It's delicious. With 100+ calories per ounce though, eek!
    Cheese and crackers :-)
    I agree totally I love cheese it is my weakness.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    pizza hut!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints. I absolutely cannot ever touch another one again. I eat the whole box and look for more.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lays salt and vinegar chips and cool ranch doritos to name a few!
    How could I forget Fritos with cream cheese & chives dip Mmmmmmm!