What food can't you stop eating once you start?

Options
I haven't had a bag of cheetos puffs since starting MFP. I can't stop at just one. I love it when that cheese powder gets on my fingers. I haven't had oreos either. I can't eat just one or two. No. I have to have 6. So that's gone too. Can't have Ritz crackers. Will eat the whole roll. And I can't have M&M's. Chocolate does something to my brain and just makes me want more and more.

At least I know to stay away from these foods. I know it takes control and I can eat these foods if I go easy but I have no control once I start. Sucks. I really want some cheetos. :(

Anyone else have to omit a certain food completely?

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Pringles. The slogan is horribly true- "once you pop you can't stop!"
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    PIzza, tacos, cookies, reeses, pancakes..pretty much everyhing..which is why i limit myself to chicken and broccoli every day
  • kwennerholm
    kwennerholm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! Well, at least at first. I had to not buy any until I was a couple months in and could trust myself around. Definitely Sees candy, I can never have just one...or just two.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Captain Crunch with milk. Just full bowl after bowl.
    And crunchy snacks. Whole bags can be gone in under an hour.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    For me, twizzlers. I love them!!! Now here's the thing, I won't not allow myself to eat them so for the moment we're seeing other people. For me, healthier choices...for the twizzlers, my fiance takes care of them. Once I have everything under control, I will allow myself to eat one or 2....sometimes. I don't think it's a good idea to restrict yourself from a treat once in awhile, or maybe that's just me, I just won't eat 10 in a row anymore :noway:
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ice cream!!! if I have a carton in the freezer its all i'll think about until its gone... if im really craving it i'll go to McDonalds and get a vanilla cone. gives me my fix, its cheap and lowfat :)
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Pizza. *_*
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All the foods you mention are junk foods and simple carbohydrates, which hit the bloodstream fast and give a quick pickup and a seratonin boost. I struggle with the same issues as you with these type foods. For me, it has to be all or nothing, so I am trying hard for it to be nothing. LOL! It is a good idea to substitute natural, real foods like fruits in place of the junk foods, yet you still get the sugar. Hopefully after enough time, the real foods taste better than the junk and you get healthier in the process. I am munching on some pistachio nuts right now and that's a good alternative for me. Hope you find some good alternatives.
  • VonniieBonniie
    Options
    id have to go with popcorn on this one
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    chocolate, can't just eat a piece of a block and be done. I'll keep thinking about it and then eat it until it is gone.

I don't buy it or keep any in the house anymore.
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Penne Rigate
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Chocolate very time. I have to just not have any. I can't just have a little. It's a pointless mission. I'd rather just not have it.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Coca-cola, I can stop drinking it for a while, but once I take that first sip, it's on and poppin. What I do now is just keep a mini six pack in the fridge and sip when I get the urge. This way I don't go stupid.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Potato chips of any kind. Once the bag is open, they are going down. Every last crumb.

And Hershey's kisses. Yup.

Oh, and those Malted Robins Eggs around Easter. Ugh.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Anything in a package. I have a hard time not eating a full pack of something, no matter what it is. If there's a bag of something, I have a hard time stopping and often end up eating the whole bag. Like chips, popcorn, cookies, etc. This is why I get small bags of things. I can eat the whole bag without adding a full meal's worth of calories to my day.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Anything in a package. I have a hard time not eating a full pack of something, no matter what it is. If there's a bag of something, I have a hard time stopping and often end up eating the whole bag. Like chips, popcorn, cookies, etc. This is why I get small bags of things. I can eat the whole bag without adding a full meal's worth of calories to my day.

This. It's especially bad with box meals, which are usually like 3 servings or so, but come in a single package.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=541155
    This article that's been reposted in this forum is my entire childhood.
    Whenever I'm very stressed, especially if it's for a long period of time with not much outlet, I crave carbs to the point where if there are chips or something, I won't even really think about it and will just start eating them, and I have to keep eating them until I feel better, pretty much. Unfortunately I haven't found much that helps with stress that's feasible to replace the habit with- shopping is too expensive, my apartment is too small for me to blast music and sing, social anxiety is a big part of stress so anything that involves leaving the house or being around other people is a no-go, no medication has ever worked worth a darn and caffeine works for a little while but makes it difficult to focus.
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Pistachios
  • chelc1105
    chelc1105 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fig Newtons.

If i even see them I will devour them! They are not aloud in my house, lol :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Potato chips
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I know what you me. I do the same thing.