Milestone reached!

Options
Hi All,

Had to gloat about this and this is the place to do it.........As of this morning I am no longer Class 1 Obese and am 'just' Overweight.

I started with a BMI of around 34 and I have just dipped into the 29's. I hit 61lbs lost since I started measuring with MFP but in reality it's probably nearer 70 and I've come down from being in the region of 280lbs+ to 209. It's been 7 months in the making and it's been achieved with nothing more than eating well, watching my calories (with the help of MFP) and pure old-fashioned hard work....damned hard work!

My Wife (who incidentally has lost over 75lbs too) and I, get up at 5.30ish and do 30 mins of aerobics, we go to work, do at least a mile walk at lunchtime, then either go to the gym, run, or swim, or any combination thereof, every day, and we mean every-bl**dy-day!

But, it's working, and working well. Having put it off for a long time, we decided to go and see what clothes we would fit into this last weekend by going to some favourite stores here in England such as Fat Face and White Stuff. Now, I'd never even entertained the idea of buying anything from these stores as they're trendy and they never had my size...but trousers and shirts fitted me, and fitted me well, and they weren't even their largest size!

The best reaction though was from my Wife who, before her weight-loss journey, was around a size 22. She thought she'd try a size 14 Fat Face jacket and it fitted her perfectly and showed off her new-found curves perfectly. To say that I was immensely proud was an understatement and, as tears of happiness welled in our eyes, all we could do was stand in the middle of the store and hug. And we hugged for a long time.

We still have a way to go yet but we are proof that you don't need fancy diets, pills, a Personal Trainer or specially prepared meals from some expert. We're normal everyday people, we're both hypothyroidic and we both have full-time jobs.

All you need is the determination and willpower to succeed. It is a change of lifestyle but damn, does it feel good! :-D

Replies

• LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This is so sweet!!! Congrats to you and your wife!!! It is great that you two are doing this together!! Love it!!:flowerforyou:
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring! I'm so happy to see you on this journey in a team effort with your wife, such an amazing thing to share with one another. Congratulations!
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your wife! What an achievement! It's wonderful you're doing it together. Best of luck with continuing to reach your goals!
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That is a great story!! Very happy for both of you. Keep up the good work and be proud of yourself.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job. You sound so proud of both yourself and your wife and so you should considering what you have achieved together!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both you and your wife. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your wife, you are both an inspiration, well done :)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Congrats to you and your wife!
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    One of the sweetest posts on MFP. Congratulations to both of you and keep up that hard work :drinker: :drinker:
  • runsue
    runsue Posts: 1
    Options
    Brilliant well done. Doing it together make it more motivating and you can support each other when you have bad weeks. I am yet o convince my husband to calorie count he relies on Ducan and low carb usually which I cant stand !!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Great job you two!

Continued success.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey. (My eyes watered up reading about y'all hugging in the store. Such a sweet moment!)
  • genadavis12
    Options
    Congrats!!! I cant wait to be there myself
  • Eagle39647
    Eagle39647 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you! :flowerforyou: That's great! I know exactly how you feel! It's funny to say that it feels good to be overweight on the bmi scale, but when you start out at obese, being "just overweight" is quite an accomplishment! Keep up the good work! I wanted to add that, I too, started out as obese on the bmi scale and am now at the overweight part....what a great feeling!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awww...thanks for sharing your wonderful story! Congratulations to you both!!! With that kind of discipline, think of all the wonderful things you two will accomplish on the road of life...
  • StuKP
    StuKP Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for all of your very kind replies. It means a lot to us both :-D.
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Way to go man!!! It feels so good to accomplish something that seems so far away in the beginning!!! You're totally inspiring so keep it up!
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow! well done! Amazing achievement - congrats your hard work paid off big time!!!
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are an inspiration to those of us with hypothyroidism that this can be done and in a sensible way. Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job :D Congrats to both you and your wife, and here's to going all the rest of the way as well :D:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!