Back to the start...

Options
Hi all,

My name is Lauren and I'm a new member of MFP as of today. My friend got me on to it after hearing her success story.
I've always been right into outdoor activities. Mountain biking, surfing, diving, kayaking etc.
I was always quite a healthy weight averaging low 60kgs for my height of 167cms.
In the last year, my weight has ballooned... Big time!!
I got married at the beginning of the year and after the big day, I stopped watching what I was eating. Didn't need to worry about fitting into my dress. Now I can't fit into my jeans :(
My intentions are to lose at least 10kgs to feel good about myself and tone up.
Much motivation needed!!!!!!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Feel free to add me
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    welcome lauren. it sounds like you are very goal oriented if you were able to focus on being ready for a wedding. why not keep that up, and now focus on getting ready for a race?

have you ever heard of an off-road triathlon? it's a swim in a lake, a mountain bike ride, and then a trail run. in some cases you can even find a race that has kayaking instead of swimming. they have many different distances, with a sprint distance being a 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, 3 mile run.

it sounds like it would be a great goal for you, especially if you like doing outdoors activities.
  • lozzyloseweight
    lozzyloseweight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to try that. Something to push toward.
    I have recently jumped back on my mountain bike after a few sedentary months of just flat out working and having no time for real exercise. Feels good!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    check out Xterra. they are the company the puts on most off-road triathlons. i will most likely try one next year too (no pun intended). i have a mountain bike, and when i wanted to start losing weight, i rode it all the time. then i got a road bike and stop using my other bike, since i wasn't going on any trails anyway.

but the last two months i've hit a few trails with my brother and some friends, and i love it.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel i lost 3stone for my wedding then piled it all back on. ive now lost 2.5 stone again and want to drop another 3 maybe. add me if you want.