Whats going on here?

Options
Okay, I thought eating 700 calories a day wasn't good. If you believe that and you had a friend here on MFP doing that and you saw lots of her friends here on MFP congratulating here, what would you think. Either the friends are just "yes" friends (like Yes men) or they think its great. I guess most people have these kind of friends and that's okay. I'm not trying to knock anyone. I would just like some friends that would tell me or question me if was doing something that might not be right or even give me some pointers. This is my first rant so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Bye the way I did question the friend but no reply just other friends congratulating. I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and only give praises.

Replies

• Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have done the same. I had a couple of friends consistently logging under 1000 cals. So I'd ask them what was up, but no response. I wound up deleting them...I need positive people - doing things the right way - just my 2 cents. :)
  • rosemary98
    Options
    it is also possible they are not logging accurately. maybe they decide not to log drinks...or the midnight snack they forgot about.

that aside, unless they were really struggling with an eating disorder, and 700 calories was actual progress...congratulations doesn't seem healthy.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I believe in being honest. This is not Facebook - its a fitness site. I choose to surround myself with people who train hard and eat well. I have deleted many for eating like birds. I have deleted a lot of whiners, too. I'm not going to try and persuade someone to do what I do - I'm just going to move on.
  • leemchisholm
    leemchisholm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Id be very concerned if anyone I knew was eating 700kcals a day. I'd rightfully tell them straight away that in the long term, they will do more harm than good.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I say don't worry about them, worry about you. If they didn't reply to your question its because some people might be more private about things and its none of your business. I know some people do have eating problems and eat lower than might be healthy, you don't have to support that and can surely delete them. But keep in mind perhaps some others are on doctors orders being supervised to eat very low calorie diets under 1000 calories a day for medical reasons. This could be why as well and also a reason they don't want to discuss it with anyone. To each their own. If they were posting super low calories and sending unhealthy attitudes in their comments be concerned and talk to them or delete your choice.