chicken breast

Options
2»

Replies

• dyneal
    dyneal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Look up Curry (red, green or yellow) or chop it into a light chicken salad with celery and apple.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I bake mine in half water / half light Italian dressing then sprinkle with seasonings and salt and pepper. It is pretty tasty :)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like to nestle mine in a huge bed of onions, add a 70/30 mixture of stock and very dark beer (just barely enough to cover the chicken/onions), season with garam masala, and simmer the whole mess over very low heat for a couple of hours. Actually, this would probably be a greak slow-cooker process, only I never think about the slow-cooker when I decide to make it!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I like to cut a pocket in the breast, stuff in some fat free sundried tomatoes, some mozzarella and some fresh basil, wrap in prosciutto and bake.
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use an olive oil mister and lightly mist frozen chicken breast in the skillet, then use garlic powder, McCormicks low sodium Montreal chicken seasoning ad cover, then remove cover till pretty close to cooked through then remove cover and let all the liquid cook out (there will be a lot as you put the chicken in frozen) and it will brown as the liquid cooks away. Delish! I eat this with a package of frozen steam able veggies!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I like the crock pot. You can put chicken in with salsa and seasonings as has been said - eat with salad, in tortillas, or with chips. You can make chicken chili - chicken, white beans, some chicken stock, salsa, and cumin. Chicken with some teriyaki and soy sauce and a some pineapple - server over some rice.

I find most of my recipes on pinterest. If you know more specifically what you are looking for you can google it. Chicken is very versatile and can be made into pretty much any type of dish.
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I use philadelphia on my chicken
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    cut into pieces, sautee in coconut oil until browned. Toss with hot sauce. Buffalo chicken nuggets. Sometimes I also use a dry sesame ginger seasoning with the hot sauce.
  • eljurassic
    Options
    Made this using Breast instead of Wings:

http://www.theyummylife.com/honey_teriyaki_hot_wings
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    1. put chicken breasts into crock pot and cover with bbq sauce.
    2. season chicken and cover with salsa. bake covered for 30 minutes or until done. top with cheese last few minutes. I've had this with roasted or steamed broccoli as a low carb meal. I've also used it to make chicken tacos.
    3. panko bread crumbs on the chicken and pan fry.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Mix 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon salt, one teaspoon pepper, garlic to taste (minced, diced, powder, dried, however you like it), and greek spices (I use pampered chef's)

Pour over chicken breasts (I use four) in a baking dish

Bake it at 400 for 35-40 mins
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Take 2 cans of pear halves
    drain juice into a bowl, mix in 1tbs dijon mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar
    pour mix over chicken and bake on 350 for 20 minutes
    add the pear halves and cook 10 minutes longer
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Easy Chicken Teriyaki

Get whatever chicken you like (I tend to get the family pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs, but it will work with any chicken. For parties I'll get wings!)
    Have a baking dish big enough for chicken (or buy an aluminum foil pan for easy clean up)
    Garlic (2 cloves or more of you like garlic)
    sesame seed oil
    Soy sauce
    brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degress

Put the chicken in your pan, sprinkle the brown sugar (1/3 to 1/2 a cup more or less to taste) over the chicken
    Add your garlic, chop or crush it as desired
    Add soy sauce (it should not cover the chicken completely, go only about halfway up the pieces)
    Add sesame seed oil (If it's got a diffuser/sprinkle thing, do about 6 to 8 dashes, otherwise a tablespoon)
    Pop into the oven and turn the chicken every 15 to 20 minutes for an hour to an hour and twenty minutes. For extra tenderness turn off the oven and let it sit in there for UP TO another hour.

Make some rice and spoon the teriyaki sauce over it for extra deliciousness!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump for the easy chicken teriyaki! ^^ yum!
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just made this today with chicken breast rather than my usual dark meat. It was still good, if a little bit dry, so here are a couple of tweaks

1) Reduce the heat to 350 degrees

2) Add some chicken stock to help keep it liquid (normally the fat from the dark meat/skin adds more liquid volume)