Christmas GOAL..whose wants in ?

Options

Replies

• Coopaloopsmom
    Options
    Me, me, me!

Ideal Goal: 18 Pounds or a size 8
    Realistic Goal: 10 Pounds or a size 10

AND... I want to be able to run a 10k without stopping at all.

CW: 187, 6 feet tall.
  • MomChemist
    MomChemist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have been on a bit of a plateau/diet vacation after losing about 15 pounds in July and August. I will be visiting my parents over the holidays and my mother is always on me about my weight. I'd really like to get below 160 before I head home for the holidays!

SW: 187
    CW: 172
    Christmas ideal: 158 (1.5 lb/week)
    Christmas realistic: 163 (1 lb/week)
    FGW: 135
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My goal... 7-10 pounds by Christmas.. would like to get down 15 but I don't think shooting below 130 will happen for me. I'm 5'4" and currently 143 pounds. Would like to see between 130-135 by Christmas. Though we have halloween, my sons birthday & Thanksgiving (2 days in a row for that one) and then the event of Christmas itself. I will have to stay away from TONS of halloween candy (maybe allowing myself a few pieces-smarties are relatively low in calories) and then i have to stay away from my Grandma's delicious homemade sugar cookies..
    Ugh, holidays...
    Last year I had no problems and lost around 20 pounds between November-January but I've only maintained my same weight since January..
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    The other Christmas goal group I was in totally fizzled out, so I'm in!! I have a whopping 24 pounds to lose to reach my Christmas goal (actually by 12/20!) Yikes! I've been out of it and only logging (but staying under calories & exercising off & on) for the past 6 weeks due to minor health problems & have only lost 1#. So this week I'm kicking it up & taking some classes at my gym in addition to my regular lap swimming. Yesterday was "set & reps" & today my first Zumba class! I've got to average 3#/week to make my goal... it can be done but it's gonna be hard to stick with it for the next 8 weeks!!

Best of luck reaching your goals everyone!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm in, I just updated my profile the other day with my Christmas goal....14lbs off please Santa!
  • fitmom1029
    Options
    I would LOVE to drop 5 realistically and 10lbs is my ultimate goal weight, with a size 4 being my goal, or a nice fitting size 5. Count me in! WE GOT THIS GUYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!:mad: :wink: :laugh:
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Wishful Goal: 13 pounds by the end of Dec.
    Realistic Goal: 8 pounds

I want to fit into my jeans from last Winter that are too snug right now!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey it looks like santd started a group, in case anyone missed it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122221-15lbs-by-christmas-is-my-goal

See ya there!
  • LTMgirl
    LTMgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

I'm new to these posts .. and reading them all is inspiring already.

I've just started back with logging on MFP today .. I need all the help I can get.
    It's been over a year since I've tracked my eating.. I forgot how aware you have to be all the time to stop yourself from grabbing small things to eat that you don't think count.. But they all add up. I'm definitely going to need help!

I would love to lose 20 lbs by christmas. .. I'm definitely in!
    Great idea.. Thank you!
  • running4thejoyofit
    Options
    I want to weigh 120 pounds by Christmas...but I have to admit, right now the weight isn't so important as what I look like...I really need to lose some flab in certain areas.
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My surname is quite fitting as well.... its Sant. I only need to put an A on the end lets hope my wishes come true for christmas and with hard work I get there.
  • andrea4fatfight
    Options
    I want in too. I too have a dress to fit in :happy: . Ideally, I would love to loose 10 pounds, but one pound per week is a very unrealistic goal for me, so 5-6 pounds would be amazing.

9 weeks to go. Let's get them off!!!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose 5 lbs by then
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'd be overjoyed if I could hit my goal by X-Mas, but I'm not sure if it can happen. I'm currently 128 and my goal weight is 118. 10 pounds seems like a lot to get off in 9 weeks, but we'll see. My more realistic goal will be to lose 9lbs, so I'll be right at the brink of my goal hopefully.
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 15lbs but if I do manage to lose anything with my luck it'd be about 5-10lbs but I wouldn't complain rather be that then than what I weigh now! Oh and too be able to run for more than a minute without getting out of breathe would be a bonus! :laugh:
  • zaubermaus
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose between 1-2 pounds a week, 18 pounds by Christmas would be great, but il settle for a more realistic goal of 10lbs!
    Good luck everyone!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend on here, I'm looking for more friends and support!
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I shooting for 15 lbs. If I track on weekends and not give in to convenience I think this is doable.
  • alliespradlin91
    Options
    I would like to be down to 180 by Christmas! So far I have lost 22 lbs...so in order to reach my goal by Christmas I would have to lose 2 lbs a week!

Realistic goal:20 lbs
    Fantasy goal: 20 lbs :D

Let's do this people! And I just want to add that thanksgiving is the midway point between now and then and you really shouldn't have to deprive yourself on that day, just be conscious of your serving size! You can have your turkey and still lose weight. Just be smart about it! Can't wait to see how everyone does. Add me if you like!
  • voyant
    voyant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! ...

Would love to lose another 10lbs for Christmas. Lost focus a bit recently so a goal for Christmas would be good.

Feel free to add me as a friend, especially UK members. My diary is open to friends and I'm always looking for some inspiration :)