Big breakfast

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    It's a little off-topic, for which I apologize, but I'm always a little entertained when 450 calories is considered a big breakfast. Naturally, everything is relative; I just find it funny that my apple, peanut butter and 4 oz of meat is a big breakfast.

But yes, you can still lose. You could lose if you chose to not eat any breakfast at all...or 90% of calories for the day during breakfast.

I often wish I had a penis for this reason. Men can just eat more, especially tall men. I would consider 450 a big breakfast for a regular day. If I'm havig brunch on the weekend, it's not unusual for me to have an 800 calorie breakfast though.

who knew, there is a correlation between a penis and eating large amounts at breakfast...bahahahahahaha, REALLY? You have got to be kidding me...

I eat a 1000 calories for breakfast...so ladies, you know what that means...wink
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    It's a little off-topic, for which I apologize, but I'm always a little entertained when 450 calories is considered a big breakfast. Naturally, everything is relative; I just find it funny that my apple, peanut butter and 4 oz of meat is a big breakfast.

But yes, you can still lose. You could lose if you chose to not eat any breakfast at all...or 90% of calories for the day during breakfast.

I often wish I had a penis for this reason. Men can just eat more, especially tall men. I would consider 450 a big breakfast for a regular day. If I'm havig brunch on the weekend, it's not unusual for me to have an 800 calorie breakfast though.

who knew, there is a correlation between a penis and eating large amounts at breakfast...bahahahahahaha, REALLY? You have got to be kidding me...

I eat a 1000 calories for breakfast...so ladies, you know what that means...wink

Well, you know what they say about men who eat big breakfasts....:laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member

Well ya know what they say about men who eat a big breakfast.... I think I need to have you on my friend list...

ETA: Damn.. I didn't read the post above mine before responding. LMAO!!!
  • Carnivor0us

Well ya know what they say about men who eat a big breakfast.... I think I need to have you on my friend list...

ETA: Damn.. I didn't read the post above mine before responding. LMAO!!!

LOL!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Pics?
  • Florameg456
    Florameg456 Posts: 71 Member
    Will I still loose weight eating around 450 cals for breakfast? I normally have cereal but I also have a sandwich or something that I'm actually meant to eat at lunch time but I don't have time so I count it as being a big breakfast, is this okay?

That is on the low side for my typical breakfast. I don't understand why 450 calories would be considered a big meal. On the weekends, I typically eat much more than that. :huh:

Calorie distribution is irrelevant so long as an overall deficit is maintained.

I've very nearly overcome most of my ED ways but I still struggle sometimes, which is why I was so hesitant:)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member

I lack a penis, as I am a woman, and I routinely eat 800-900 calorie breakfasts. Sex is irrelevant when deciding breakfast size.

Well my guess is you don't like to have snacks or eat larger other meals or snacks. You can routinely eat whatever you like but most women of a healthy weight maintain arount 1800-2000 calories so spend them as you wish. I like to eat most of my calories at night as snacks. To each their own.
  • highervibes

I'm sure it's huge.
  • oh gurl you need to get smashed
    (Klay Jenson) hit me up on facebook
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    It didn't stopped me...
    And I sometimes have 600 calories breakfast. Great way to start a day when you don't know when you can eat next. :D Because of the busy wonderfull stuff you are doing.
  • Carnivor0us

I lack a penis, as I am a woman, and I routinely eat 800-900 calorie breakfasts. Sex is irrelevant when deciding breakfast size.

Well my guess is you don't like to have snacks or eat larger other meals then. You can routinely eat whatever you like but most women of a healthy weight maintain arount 2000 calories so spend them as you wish, I'm just saying an 800 calorie breakfast isn't an issue for a dude whereas a woman would have to really carefully budget the rest of her day.

What? You're right that I'm not a dude and I don't snack, but whether or not you eat your calories for one meal or another has no bearing on sex. I also eat one or two other large meals. And the amount of calories needed to maintain a healthy weight is not 2000 for every woman. Your statement isn't making much sense.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Great article on the "3 meals per day / 6 meals per day" debate...

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56254

For me, I am one of those folks that prefers to eat every 2-3 hours. It does help me stave off hunger because I'm constantly eating; for others, they don't need to do that and can just have 3 meals.

But yes, what this really boils down to is:

Burn more total calories at the end of the day
    Eat fewer total calories at the end of the day
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    It is a rare day when my breakfast is below 400 calories. The exception to this might be before a long run; then I eat 2 breakfasts, one before my run, usually around 200-300 cals, and then, like, 400-500 after.
  • highervibes

Well my guess is you don't like to have snacks or eat larger other meals then. You can routinely eat whatever you like but most women of a healthy weight maintain arount 2000 calories so spend them as you wish, I'm just saying an 800 calorie breakfast isn't an issue for a dude whereas a woman would have to really carefully budget the rest of her day.

What? You're right that I'm not a dude and I don't snack, but whether or not you eat your calories for one meal or another has no bearing on sex. I also eat one or two other large meals. And the amount of calories needed to maintain a healthy weight is not 2000 for every woman. Your statement isn't making much sense.

What I am saying is men can eat more than women, THAT'S IT. No I don't care when you eat your calories and MOST women maintain on 1800-2000 not all, I realize that. I don't think I said every woman, maybe that's why my statement isn't making sense :flowerforyou:
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    The only problem I can see with having a big breakfast is the hassle it causes later on in the day to make sure you fit your daily calories. I used to routinely eat 1000 calorie breakfasts but then I found it very difficult to meet my goal.

But as far as the sheer science, it makes no difference. It's all meal planning and discipline.
  • highervibes
    The only problem I can see with having a big breakfast is the hassle it causes later on in the day to make sure you fit your daily calories. I used to routinely eat 1000 calorie breakfasts but then I found it very difficult to meet my goal.

But as far as the sheer science, it makes no difference. It's all meal planning and discipline.

Yeah, I'm not a big breakfast person myself but I like to have a big dinner and room for snacks in the evening. Pick your battles. I leave too early in the morning to be hungry so I usually run on tea and a Quest bar till lunch. I also find if I eat breakfast early I'm hungry mid-morning vs if I skip it I can go till lunch without feeling hungry. Since I know calorie timing is bu11$h1t I don't stress over this at all.
  • Carnivor0us

What I am saying is men can eat more than women, THAT'S IT. No I don't care when you eat your calories and MOST women maintain on 1800-2000 not all, I realize that. I don't think I said every woman, maybe that's why my statement isn't making sense :flowerforyou:

You said that an 800 calorie breakfast isn't an issue for a dude. It's also not an issue for a woman - and if you're on a 2000 calorie meal plan you'd still have 1200 calories LEFT for the rest of the day.
  • highervibes

You said that an 800 calorie breakfast isn't an issue for a dude. It's also not an issue for a woman - and if you're on a 2000 calorie meal plan you'd still have 1200 calories LEFT for the rest of the day.

Well I personally would have difficulty budgeting 1200 for the rest of my day, but that's just because I prefer larger lunch and dinner and snacks, so I eat my breakfast after dinner I suppose. A guy would be able to do both, which is why I mentioned I wish I had a penis, not because I think they coule eat a bigger breakfast. The takeaway point I so clearly did not make is eat whatever you want whenever it suits you because it does not matter if you're eating the appropriate amount for your goals /thread.
  • Carnivor0us

Well I personally would have difficulty budgeting 1200 for the rest of my day, but that's just because I prefer larger lunch and dinner and snacks, so I eat my breakfast after dinner I suppose. A guy would be able to do both, which is why I mentioned I wish I had a penis, not because I think they coule eat a bigger breakfast. The takeaway point I so clearly did not make is eat whatever you want whenever it suits you because it does not matter if you're eating the appropriate amount for your goals /thread.

Right. Eat whatever you want, in whatever amount you want. It doesn't matter what sex you are, anyone can do this. You said you'd have difficulty planning out 1200 calories - fair enough. I personally wouldn't, so you can't say most women would because not everyone plans meals like you do.
  • highervibes
    I just learned something new today.. I honestly thought that a man who was the same height and weight of a woman was automatically afforded an extra 400-500 calories/day but turns out it's not true. I guess bf% is where the discrepency comes from because typically men have less bf% than women but I realize that it's entirely possible that a woman have a lower bf% than a man. Retracting my penis statment from earlier lol