Indigestion?!

Options
Ugh! The last few weeks I have had indigestion like crazy! I used to have issues with this, but they went away almost completely a few months ago when I started taking probiotics. Just in the last few weeks, when I have really made an effort to eat better, it has come back like crazy!!

My diary is open, any idea as to what could be causing it? Is it just because my stomach is used to being over full and now I am eating less? Is it something specific I am eating? Is this normal when you are running a big deficit? HELP?!

Replies

• santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi..I've been dieting for 2 years now, and only just started to suffer from acid!!!!! as opposed to when i over ate and never suffered from it at all.

I'm trying to eat smaller meals but more regularly, to see if that helps. But it could also be a specific item of food that doesn't agree with your stomach. So that's a matter of an elimination process to find out which is causing the problem. Dawn .
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hhhmm, I think I'll try some elimination, that's a good idea. I will look through my food and see what is new that I have added the last few weeks. I really hate eating smaller meals. Lol, I like to eat my big three and be done! Lol.

Thanks!! :)
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell from looking at your diary because you really should focus on what changed in your diet. I noticed that your diet tends to be a bit high in fat. Fats and proteins are more difficult to digest than carbs, so maybe working on your macros would help.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    With looking at the last few days on your diary, you're eating a lot of spicy things. I know with my acid reflux I can't eat that much spicy food or it will cause indigestion and I will be miserable all day. Try laying off some of the spices and see if that helps.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Have you just started taking the multi with iron or switched the time you take it? Iron supplements sometimes can cause indigestion.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if you have recently increased the amount of veggies and olive oil you had in the last two days. Olive oil, peppers, tomato purée are high in salicylate. For many people salicylate is not a problem but for some believed to be only a few in relation to the whole population it can, may cause problems. Salicylate is the active ingredient in aspirin, and is found in foods as disparate as herbs, spices, fruit, veggies some are free or have lower amounts.

Try reading up on it and come to your own conclusions. You could read a book "Food can make you ill". which supports a web site by the same name. The author has brought together many different aspects of food which can cause issues for people. You could also look at the Salicylate Sensitivity web site too, the scientific information is good though the message board can be a bit like this one, over exaggerating or just not very helpful.

I have come back from severe joint, muscle pain, in-digestive issues, mood swings and other health problems but having radically reduced my salicylate intake I feel really, really well. A significantly younger person would probably not have to be as radical in their avoidance of the stuff.

I really hope this is not your issue, All the best in finding your answer and come back to me if I can help
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will start trying to figure out if it is a new food I've added in or something like that!! Appreciate all the suggestions!! :)