What type of exercise do you do on your lunch break?

2»

Replies

• briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    I have an hour lunch and between driving to the gym and changing that gives me about 30 minutes to workout. I usually do weight training. I can get in about 8-10 different exercises. Go to bodybuilding.com for workout routines if your new to weight training.:smile:

Awesome I am going to check out this site!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I do StrongLifts 5X5. It takes me about 30-45 minutes to get through each work-out. I spend the rest of the time stretching.

Tuesday and Thursday, I do some type of cardio, either a spin class or running/run-walk intervals.

After I train, I eat lunch at my desk while I work.
  • neintical
    neintical Posts: 20
    I do push ups and wall sit AT my desk lol. Overtime it really really does make a difference. I never thought I could do a decent push up but now I can
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Weather permitting, I go for a walk. A half hour walk covers a glass of wine at dinner which is as good for my heart as the walk so I'm double dipping in the healthy benefits :drinker: :drinker:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    If the weather is nice, I walk.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Walk!!
  • mcphersonian
    mcphersonian Posts: 26 Member
    I walk for 1.5-2 miles... I eat lunch at my desk after the walk.
  • amariedavis
    amariedavis Posts: 3 Member
    By the time i get to my gym I have about 30 mins ill do either 30 full mins. of high intense cardio or 15 mins cardio and 15 mins strength training. just enough time to freshen up and head back to work. : )
  • amariedavis
    amariedavis Posts: 3 Member
    I have an hour lunch and between driving to the gym and changing that gives me about 30 minutes to workout. I usually do weight training. I can get in about 8-10 different exercises. Go to bodybuilding.com for workout routines if your new to weight training.:smile:

Thanks for the tip!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    If the weather is nice, I walk.

^This!

If the weather is crappy, I shut my door and pop in a walking DVD....MP3+ ear buds and I'm good to go.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    When the weather is nice, I try to get in a nice 30-40 minute walk around the area near my office. (About to leave as we're having a rather pleasant autumn day right now).
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Run, bike, abs/core, upper body, kettlebell, do whatever I need to get my training in, most often Brazil Butt Lift - 20 minutes of Secret Weapon workout.
  • I... chew?
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I don't exercise on my lunch break. I eat my lunch on my lunch break.

I get plenty of exercise at other times & have no desire to get hot & sweaty in the middle of my work day.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I... chew?

Don't forget to log that! lol...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Some days I lift. Some days I run or bike. Some days I do sprints or bleachers. Some day I play basketball.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    mostly chewing for me as well.
  • I exercise my jaw chewing delicious food! :D