Breakfast is getting boring

Options
I need some healthy breakfast ideas! I always eat eggs or oatmeal. IT"S GETTING BORING! Any ideas or recipes for breakfast?

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, frozen berries and spinach blended into a smoothie.

http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/01/no-oatmeal/ - I use just one egg and half a banana (or mashed sweet potato or pumpkin instead of banana), mix everything together in a tupperware, and cook it in the microwave at work. Ain't nobody got time for stovetop cooking.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I rotate between eggs (scrambled, fried, burrito) with some kind of meat, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, protein pancakes (once every other week or something).

I'd totally eat non breakfast food but struggle already to figure out lunch...
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Historically speaking, people skip things that are boring.

But if you still want to eat something, pretty much anything that fits into your day is fair game. For years, I ate cereal. It never seemed to get boring. Now if I have cereal, it is after a workout in the evening.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Im never hungry in the morning and sometimes even skip lunch, but sometimes I will have brunch and thats usually a sliced hard boiled egg over pumpernickle rye toast sprinkled with some cracked sea salt and pepper. Very low cal, and for some reason very filling for me. I usually go the rest of the day not even hungry till late evening.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    cereal with milk? I don't see why people demonize cereal so much. Find one with high fibre and low sugar, and add stuff if you feel like it. Alternatively, whole wheat toast with peanut butter and salami?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Greek Yogurt, granola and fruit (sometimes sprinkle some cinnamon in) for like 4 months. I'm in love with it. Maybe I'll try oatmeal when I get bored of IT! :D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Eggs with Sriracha.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I need some healthy breakfast ideas! I always eat eggs or oatmeal. IT"S GETTING BORING! Any ideas or recipes for breakfast?

EGGS...tons of them...oh and bacon!
  • RunThinLift2Tone
    Options
    Nutri-grain blueberry eggo waffles with sugar free syrup
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    whole wheat waffles ( no syrup) with fresh fruit , scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms, bananas on whole wheat muffins, leftover pizza, low fat ricotta cheese with fresh blueberries on top (yum), hard boiled eggs, cream of wheat with fresh fruit, and my personal favorite GNC chocolate lean shake!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Eggo
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Spam spam spam spam... Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Cheerios!
    Capntain Crunch!
    Fruity Pebbles!
    Pop Tarts!
    Grilled Cheese sammich!
    Vans Multi Grain Waffles!
    T-Bone Steak!
    Toast w/peanut butter and honey!

Now I'm hungry.
  • RunThinLift2Tone
    Options

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

You forgot Waffles
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Move away from the 'breakfast foods'......I eat what I crave. I've had cold homemade pizza, leftover burgers, a big bowl of stew. Who says breakfast has to be 'breakfast'?
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Break the rules. Eat dinner for breakfast. Plan for leftovers when you cook. One of my favorites is a (small) portion of chili or tomato based soup (maybe w/ some chicken in there) reheated & served over a small baked sweet potato.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

You forgot Waffles

I covered that with Eggo
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

You must be from Hawaii.
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    I've been doing oatmeal but want to start making my own breakfast burritos with eggs, salsa and turkey sausage.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Tacos