Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shooting for 30-Day Shred this Christmas. What do I need?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
I saw it at walmart. 10 bucks along with other workout videos by her. I am thinking about getting it on Christmas but what do I need? Just some weights and a mat?

Replies

• AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    yup, pretty much, though, i have hardwood floors and my mat tends to slide when using it dong this so i dont use it. my hand weights are 5 lbs but i would start with something smaller if youre just starting out. ive been working out with weights for a few months now.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    Thin carpet for me.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    then a mat should be just fine. :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I don't use a mat, have carpet. The shred is mostly ok on the carpet. I wish I had a mat for her yoga dvd though.

I use 3 pound weights. Most of it is ok, sometimes they are a lot.

It is a great dvd. Good luck and have fun!!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    If you have carpet, you really don't need a mat. Weights anywhere from 3-5 are good - 3, 4, 5 and worked my way up. Good luck, it's so much fun :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I would start out with 3 lb weights and then as you get better get some 5 lb ones.
    Just my opinion. The 5 lb one are killer when you first start out!

Dani
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    I would start out with 3 lb weights and then as you get better get some 5 lb ones.
    Just my opinion. The 5 lb one are killer when you first start out!

Dani

Totally agree!! I used 5 lbs for only SOME of the exercises in level 3 at the end, and used 4 for the rest - and this was the last 10 days - no way I would've been able to do that day 1-20. It's INCREDIBLE how much stronger you will feel and how much more you'll be able to do as you go through the 30 days!!
  • You'll want to get a set of weights. I personally would start out with light weights. I think I started with 2 or 3 pound weights, and a mat if your working out on a hard surface. It's a great video that works if you stick with it.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    I do the 30 Day shred video occasionally when I can't make it to the gym and I think the 3 lb weight are good to start off with. I have carpeting and find that works just fine.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I did start with 3 lb but moved up to 5lb (although I would switch for some of the strength). I used a mat for the floor/ab exercises.
This discussion has been closed.