A1C down to 7.0 !!

Options
I have been trying for 20 years to "change my habits" and finally, in August, I started yet again....and this time it seems to have clicked. At last!!! Yesterday I had my A1C checked and it has dropped from 9.4 in July, 10.3 in May and 11.4 in March (my all time high). 7.0 is a very happy number for me and honestly, I know that I can do better if I keep up ....... no WHEN I keep up what I am doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great JOB! Keep up the hard work
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Being a nurse... that is impressive!!!! Way to take control :o) Congrats on the hard work!!!!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Better health markers are sooo motivating!
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! My mom is a diabetic so I know recognize how important that number can be. That is really great progress. Now you know you can do it!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    best NSV ever you've just expanded your quality of life and increased your life expectancy.
  • allycolli
    allycolli Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Awesome!!! Mine dropped when I joined this site also.....:drinker:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
    Remember, diabetes is just about the only chronic life threatening disease that is within our own power to control. While we might need a combination of medications along with proper diet and exercise all the nasty complications of diabetes can be avoided.
    I was diagnosed 24 years ago in 1989 and am in the best shape and health of my life. Keep working at it and it can be the same for you

There is a type 2 diabetes support group on this site that you might want to check out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1789-type-2-diabetes-support-group
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!