Not loosing weight

Options
I have been regularly running over the treadmill for about 35 minutes in the morning and evening and burning about 700 calories. I consume about 1600-1700 cal of food. Initially weight loss is visible and now I am stuck at a particular weight and not reducing even after consistent effort

Please advise

Thanks

John

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well...

If you are logging accurately with a kitchen scale you need to eat back some of those exercise calories.

And as a man you really should be eating more anyway...I eat 1600 a day and I am a woman...

As well how are you getting your calories burned??? HRM with chest strap?

And last but not least maybe open your diary.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Probably eat a reasonable amount and be more patient.

Edit: Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Well...

If you are logging accurately with a kitchen scale you need to eat back some of those exercise calories.

And as a man you really should be eating more anyway...I eat 1600 a day and I am a woman...

As well how are you getting your calories burned??? HRM with chest strap?

And last but not least maybe open your diary.
    what she said
  • applepie161987
    Options
    Mix it up...do a different excersize. If you still want to run, run a few minutes, then do 30 seconds as fast as you can, then go back to your normal pace. Do it as many times as you can. I started doing that when running, and it helped get rid of some stubborn belly fat :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    With 20 lbs to lose, you seem to have an aggressive weight loss goal. Heck, I am 31, 5'11, 185 lbs, desk job and exercise 5-6 hours a week and eating 2400-2600 calories to lose. I suspect, you need to eat more. But are you weighing and measuring your foods?
  • johnabrahambio
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I started this weight reduction program some time last december . Since then I lost about 33 lbs. Looking at my height I need be near my ideal weight . So the goal might be aggressive. Since I am already tuned in and lost considerable weight, last couple of months is frustrating as I don't see any decrease in weight. But on positive side I am not putting on weight

May be I need to re-look into my exercise and start measuring my portions. Looking forward from all of your tips and guidance

Regards
    John