Any successes today?

Options

Replies

• change_21
    change_21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Success for today - my arms will be sore tomorrow from breaking out the weights finally. :)

this thread rocks
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My arms are sore from yesterday's workout, something I haven't experienced in a while.
    All my skinny jeans, except for one pair, are now my fat jeans...
  • pcaakes
    pcaakes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Positive thinking plays a significant role in your weight loss efforts. Perpetual negative thoughts can lead to self-defeating behaviors such as going off your diet, overeating and skipping your exercise routine. Positive thoughts, on the other hand, can increase your motivation and energy level.

:bigsmile:

Positive Thinking and Weight LossPositive thoughts are empowering. A negative attitude can set processes in motion that makes losing weight difficult, if not impossible. Berating yourself every time you eat the wrong foods, constantly focusing on what you cannot eat and approaching your exercise regimen with dread are all ways that negative thought patterns can sabotage your weight loss efforts.

When you hold a negative image of yourself, you rob yourself of much-needed energy. When feeling powerless, depressed or unmotivated, it's easy to skip your daily workout or eat a bag of potato chips to feel better. However, tuning into how you feel, acknowledging those feelings and transforming those thoughts into something more positive can actually help you to achieve your weight loss goals faster.

GO GET EM:heart:
  • change_21
    change_21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sister was stopping at Burger King on her way and asked if I wanted anything. I said nope. :)

Also, my arms ARE sore!
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I wore a size 16 dress slacks to work. I haven't fit into that size in about 8 years. :smile:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yes. Went for another run with still F'd up toes from the half.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Got in my size 8 pants comfortably!!!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started a keto diet on Friday and I've been walking about 45 minutes every day since, but today was the first day I went to the gym and worked out hard for an hour. I expected it to be miserable, but it wasn't! I think I'm officially burning fat for energy, and that's awesome.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ate a candy bar and a slushie...

So no. But ti was damn good!!!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am very happy that at almost 8 1/2 months pregnant, I just made it through another gym session with my trainer and did cardio afterward!!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Positive thinking plays a significant role in your weight loss efforts. Perpetual negative thoughts can lead to self-defeating behaviors such as going off your diet, overeating and skipping your exercise routine. Positive thoughts, on the other hand, can increase your motivation and energy level.

Positive Thinking and Weight LossPositive thoughts are empowering. A negative attitude can set processes in motion that makes losing weight difficult, if not impossible. Berating yourself every time you eat the wrong foods, constantly focusing on what you cannot eat and approaching your exercise regimen with dread are all ways that negative thought patterns can sabotage your weight loss efforts.

When you hold a negative image of yourself, you rob yourself of much-needed energy. When feeling powerless, depressed or unmotivated, it's easy to skip your daily workout or eat a bag of potato chips to feel better. However, tuning into how you feel, acknowledging those feelings and transforming those thoughts into something more positive can actually help you to achieve your weight loss goals faster.

GO GET EM:heart:
    LOVE IT!!!! THANKS!!!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Did a REAL push up today (then did a bunch more just for fun). With that stupid 40lbs off my frame they are a bit easier.

Yay!!!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    worked my upper body with weights today and did 30 mins of cardio with running intervals.... never could do that before... also sund did my first 5k ran some and walked some of it
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Even though it was cold this evening I managed to go out and walk/jog 2 miles! :happy:
    I also did 15 minutes on the elliptical :happy:
    I know this may not seem like much to most but it's pretty darn good to me :happy:
  • myst036
    myst036 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you! Its amazing how much better you feel I think. I have gone from 330 to 180 so far... hoping to get to 165 in the next few months. I hope you achieve everything you set out to! To me, the achievement itself is the reward!
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Yesterday I wore a size 16 dress slacks to work. I haven't fit into that size in about 8 years. :smile:

Wow, that has got to feel so good. Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us. It's a long road but we are all doing the right thing by getting on the scales with consistency, counting calories or fat grams or what ever it is that people like to do and reving up the exercise. All of those are key essentials. Size 14 next! :flowerforyou:
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Even though it was cold this evening I managed to go out and walk/jog 2 miles! :happy:
    I also did 15 minutes on the elliptical :happy:
    I know this may not seem like much to most but it's pretty darn good to me :happy:

Sounds like your facing adversity. Yes, give yourself a pat on the back. It's not just about physical health, it's mental health too to take that time out of your day for yourself. I was thinking today :ohwell: [yes, thats me thinking], you cant give to others if you are so spent yourself. So take time out for yourself so you can give to your loved ones. Awesome job.
  • pcaakes
    Options
    I was thinking again, yes again! Alot of people talk about low fat or low carb diets. Below is information I found that answers some questions for me, maybe it will for you too.

There have been a number of studies comparing weight loss with these two types of diets. In general, low-carb diets may result in a little more weight loss in the first 3 to 6 months. However, after 1 to 2 years there isn't much difference. What's interesting is that the amount of weight loss varies widely among people following either diet. So which type of diet you choose may matter less than whether you stick to it.

Get it . . . STICK TO IT! [that's what we do, every day, right?] KEEP TRACKING
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I ran 6.25 miles to today and I reached 99 pounds lost!

You win.... :wink:
  • pcaakes
    Options
    I ran 6.25 miles to today and I reached 99 pounds lost!

You win.... :wink:
    Isnt that the truth! It's all about the journey but so impressed with the commitment! :glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!