Does myfitnesspal really work?

Options

Replies

• spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yes it does but it is up to you to log every day and be honest with what you log. I lost 47 pounds using MFP from Feb-June 2012 before my Sleeve WLS. I still log in daily and am honest with everything I log. I have logged in over 620 days now!
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! You have to work in order for it it to work tho. I like this SO much better than ww!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Does anything work? If you don't put any effort into it, of course it won't.

I wish you could just sign up & BAM - instantly lose weight each week.........In a perfect world.

Forget paying for WW, if you can follow WW then you can use MFP. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Changed my life! No joke.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    MFP provides the tool. You provide the hard work, discipline and will power.

You'll get out what you put in.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    no it doesn't, this is just a tool, it only works if you put an effort with it.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Does MyfitnessPal really work?

It works. Lost about 50 to 57 lbs before myfitnesspal which aren't numbers I've logged here. Since joining MFP(November 2012) I have lost in excess of my ticker on the scale. I have since stopped weighing myself, from the moment I determined my programme would be monitored more efficiently via tracking my visual results, measuring tape results and bodyfat percentage.

If you want a change, the time is now to commit to it. Stay the course. Do not lose focus. Measure EVERYTHING you eat in grams ~ get a food scale. Do not deprive yourself of food.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did WW when I was younger and I personally think MFP is easier. There are fewer restrictions. I look at WW as a diet. I look at MFP as a lifestyle change. I really pay attention to what I am eating and whether or not it is healthy food. In four months I have lost 43 pounds. I don't plan on ever quitting.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    MFP is a tool to set up your goals and monitor calories eaten and calories burned if you exercise. If you honestly log and eat at a calorie deficit it works.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have been addicted to this sight since I came.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    read the ticker... all MFP help and my exercise logs :laugh:
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Changed my life! No joke.

^^^ THIS! :bigsmile:
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, I heard this was a lot like weight watchers so I decided to join. I can't afford ww right now. I just wanted some encouraging words.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, I heard this was a lot like weight watchers so I decided to join. I can't afford ww right now. I just wanted some encouraging words.

No, MFP does not work. You do the work. MFP is a tool that can help you if you do the work. In my experience, it is not at all like WW, but I sure find it helpful.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Hai
  • tomybull
    Options
    the one thing you need to be honest to yourself and update the data on the same, also , when you see what you are eating and what exercise you are doing , It generally motivates you to do more on exercise and watch what you eat
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Like others have already said, it is a tool. It is a great tool if you are dedicated and use it accurately. Log every day, even if you go over because that is part of the learning process. Mant people will even eat normally the first few days, just to get an idea of the amount of calories they were normally eating. Weigh and measure everything. People are right, you need to be accurate. Be patient, weight loss takes time. If you do fall off the wagon at some point, and you probably will, dont indulge in self loathing and give up in frustration. Pick your self up, brush yourself off and start again the next day. This site can help you to be very sucessful if you use it correctly.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    It helped me lose 49lbs, so I'd have to say...yes.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ABSolutely !! Be sure to be honest with yourself, and log all you eat, drink, and all your exercise. EVERY Day.
    Even when you eat more than you planned to eat.
    So you get the whole picture, and learn from your actions. what works. what needs improvement.

Here's a great link...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103385-what-are-the-top-5-things-you-recomend-to-do-to-lose-weight
  • boycey1976
    Options
    Yes it does work, but only if you're honest with yourself about what you are eating. BTW my mother-in-law used WW and Slimming World for 3-4 years and didn't really get anywhere. Then I told her about MFP and she has lost over a stone in a few months. Half my family are now using MFP and they are all seeing the results.

Good luck!!:bigsmile: