Bullying? Really?

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Continued wussification of American kids
    I, for one,will welcome our conquering overlords in the future...........cause you know this generation won't fight them off, they will expect our generation to do all the fighting while they practice fighting in video games:ohwell:
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    Wow.... Just wow.... Some people aren't happy unless they are stirring up some kind of stink.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    Both my boys played for Coach Buc - and he taught them more about playing FAIR and HARD than any coach ever has!! Aledo is unbeaten and holds several state championships !! No way are they "bullies". Even students and other parents from the beaten school - said It's football, you win some, you lose some.......

The parent (a father) that made the complaint isn't even man enough to own up to it. It's FOOTBALL - no way does it even come close to the defination of BULLYING. What a weak parent !!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    But.... But.... But.... All kids are supposed to get trophies....

Sorry I had a momentary laps there. Rub some effin' dirt on it and get a better coach! It's sports! Your precious little children won't always win and they won't always come out on top.
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

The parent (a father) that made the complaint isn't even man enough to own up to it. It's FOOTBALL - no way does it even come close to the defination of BULLYING. What a weak parent !!

This!!!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    OMG :noway: How the freak is that bullying???? That's just good football son!!!! :drinker: :laugh:

Bullying it is not; but good football? Definitely not that either. I couldn't imagine having to watch that.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    OMG :noway: How the freak is that bullying???? That's just good football son!!!! :drinker: :laugh:
    Not really. Sounds like a pretty boring game!

When I was a reporter, I had to cover a football game once for our vacationing sports guy. Our local team dominated the other team in much the same way and it was like watching paint dry. Ugh.

Well yeah you got a point. Blow out games are usually boring... It just seems like the other team's mom is being a pretty bad sport about getting beat so bad!

ets: I don't know how they do things there but where I live we would never be scheduled to play someone we could beat like that. That's like scheduling a NFL team to play a high school team. It just isn't right.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The thing that irks me more is the fact that MSN had a survey. THIRTY-FOUR fraking percent of the survey participants said that yes, the winning team should have taken it easy on the losing team. I mean really :noway:
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I feel really sorry for the kid of the parent who complained. And instead of owning up to not being good, and maybe making yourself better, we are just going to complain about it? Pssh...no...not bullying. The other team tried. I also read where they put in other players and so on. They tried. This is high school...not kindergarten...no one should just be letting them score. Grow a pair!
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    The B word strikes again!

It's football - the objective is to physically dominate your opponent.

You said it. It's what it's all about.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not really. Sounds like a pretty boring game!

When I was a reporter, I had to cover a football game once for our vacationing sports guy. Our local team dominated the other team in much the same way and it was like watching paint dry. Ugh.

Well yeah you got a point. Blow out games are usually boring... It just seems like the other team's mom is being a pretty bad sport about getting beat so bad!

ets: I don't know how they do things there but where I live we would never be scheduled to play someone we could beat like that. That's like scheduling a NFL team to play a high school team. It just isn't right.
    I don't live there anymore, but I heard a lot of whispers that the coach of the local high school would pull strings to get his team up against lesser teams to pad the win record so they could make the championships every year. It was a really big school, too. The county was small, but every kid in the county went to the same high school.

I agree scheduling is an issue. Whoever does it should at least try to make better matchups, but sometimes in more rural areas, it isn't that easy.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    The thing that irks me more is the fact that MSN had a survey. THIRTY-FOUR fraking percent of the survey participants said that yes, the winning team should have taken it easy on the losing team. I mean really :noway:

They did ! They put in their 2nd and 3rd string teams after 21 snaps. Did running plays, ran the clock. The other team was simply beaten, end of story. Can we just move on !!! Surely there is more important things happening out there......
  • LaserMum
    LaserMum Posts: 133
    Options
    Only ones to lose out when parents behave like this are the kids.

Being in a sporting environment with people way above you in the sport should be the chance to learn and improve your own performance.

Anyone who whines and whinges about getting beaten in a sport needs to work harder to up their game if they're that determined. If it's not so important to them then chill out and just enjoy playing at the level you're happy with.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've seen it before, on here, on the "hot mom" topic, in real life situations... the people who accuse others of bullying can sometimes be the ones being bullies. The attitude of "I didn't get my way" or "I didn't like what you said," and then trying to punish the other person for it, whether it's by excessive reporting of threads on here, insults and hate mail, making formal complaints against a football team, etc.
  • ren_ascent
    Options

They did ! They put in their 2nd and 3rd string teams after 21 snaps. Did running plays, ran the clock. The other team was simply beaten, end of story. Can we just move on !!! Surely there is more important things happening out there......

Of course there are, but you're on an internet forum. Let us have our distractions, otherwise all work an no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    On a side note LOVE your profile pic!
  • rml_16
    Options

Of course there are, but you're on an internet forum. Let us have our distractions, otherwise all work an no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    Well, this kind of thing tells us a lot about the state of our country/the world and I think it IS important to talk about. It isn't just about this one parent or this one game.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Well, this kind of thing tells us a lot about the state of our country/the world and I think it IS important to talk about. It isn't just about this one parent or this one game.

So you're saying this beat down has a bit of a political and sociological undertone?

How dare you!?! :noway: :wink:
  • rml_16
    Options

So you're saying this beat down has a bit of a political and sociological undertone?

How dare you!?! :noway: :wink:
    Well, the reaction to it. :smile:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

^^^This.

Didn't their starting QB only throw like 10 passes and their starting RB only have something like 5 carries?