FitBit

Options
Anyone else use one? I just got it last night and am excited to use it. Love it or hate it??

Replies

• betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have a FitBit Flex and love it, have the Force pre ordered!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip and I like it because it keeps me motivated to move more.
  • dayala01
    dayala01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and for the most part I like it. This is my second one because the original one I bought all of a sudden stopped working, but the customer service were very helpful and replaced it immediately without a fuss. I like tracking what I do throughout the day. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am so glad that everyone is loving their FitBit. I did notice on my drive to work (1.5hrs) it was logging steps? I was wearing it on right hand but thought maybe switching it to my left since I am right handed & that might help it not log the movement of my driving. Any thoughts??
  • seatownfit
    Options
    I really like my fitbit flex. I believe it should be worn on your non dominent hand. I am right handeded wear it on my left hand and have no issues with it when I drive.
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've got a flex and I love it. I'm wear mine on my left hand (non dominant) and have never had a problem with it logging steps while driving
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will move hands tomorrow! Thanks!!
  • robsmithey
    Options
    I have a FitBit ONE and just love it! I need to learn how to sync it with MFP.
  • DebMc2015
    DebMc2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just bought a fitbit one! I like it but I am having issues with the website. I am unable to post a picture to my profile. Also, does anyone know how to access the journal. When I go to the journal tab it doesn't give me the option to do anything.
    I finally learned how to sync mfp to my fitbit. When I upload my meals on mfp it automatically uploads to my fitbit.. But it keeps saying food unidentified on fitbit. Is that normal? Sorry for the questions :(
    Can I add y'all to my friend list on fitbit?
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    LOVE IT - have the zip. Have had the Ultra One and the Flex.....great motivators !!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it!
  • ajanderson84
    ajanderson84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If its counting steps on a log drive, place it on your non dominate hand and put it into sleep mode, once you arrive put it back to normal. You can then set an activity under "logs" for that time that you were driving, and do not wish the steps to be counted. I love my flex, it really got me moving once I could see how much I wasn't. Hope you see success with yours.
  • cfischer69
    cfischer69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. It truly works to motivate me to do a little bit more. When I see I'm close to my goal, I hate the thought of not beating it.
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One, never leave home without it.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I had the original Fitbit, too, and loved it. I tried the Flex and didn't like it at all. I sent it back. Now they have the Fitbit Force. I doubt I'd try it because I don't like wearing it on my wrist. I prefer to clip it to my bra and forget it. Either way, I hope you enjoy it.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and for the most part I like it. This is my second one because the original one I bought all of a sudden stopped working, but the customer service were very helpful and replaced it immediately without a fuss. I like tracking what I do throughout the day. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I had the same problem with my first one. Just up and quit working about two weeks after I got it. They replaced it without hassle. the second one has been working fine, no problems *fingers crossed*. And I love it! :bigsmile:
  • hopeinmn
    hopeinmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit Flex and I really love it. I wear it on my non-dominant hand as they recommend. I haven't had an issue with it logging while in the car. I find it really motivates me to MOVE whenever I can!
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As far as driving is concerned, I get a lot of steps while driving with mine. I have a One. It can mistake road bumps for steps. I drive a heavy pickup on really bad roads, so I can rack up a lot of steps.

When I go to drive enough distance where I think it matters (45 minutes to town, for example), I start the activity timer when I leave and stop it when I arrive (and same when I return home). Then I go back and log "Automobile or light truck (not a semi) driving" for those periods. That removes those steps and give you some calories burned for the driving activity.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Flex...I HATE the customer service...Hold on to the extra band that came with yours because you may need it. I am finding my flex band has split right above where I put the fitbit in, I've had it 5 months. They are going to replace it after much back and forth, but then I find out it is backordered and won't ship for 6-8 weeks. So no new band until Christmas time. Turns out after doing some research on their website and facebook, this is such a common issue (not only the split, but the wait time for the replacement), that there is a trading post of sorts on the fitbit website where users are trading with each other to get the sizes and colors they want (even the colored bands are on backorder). Several people on the facebook page have stated they have been waiting since July for their replacements.

Other than that, I LOVE the accuracy and the product..just wish they would support what they have before they come out with an upgrade..LOL
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitbit flex. I believe it should be worn on your non dominent hand. I am right handeded wear it on my left hand and have no issues with it when I drive.

This^^

I wear mine on my non dominant hand and have had no issues with logging while driving. :-)