How long will losing 30lbs take?

Options
124»

Replies

• Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37 pounds since the first week of August. It can be done.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    at 1 lb/week.....around 30 weeks.

Depending on deficit....this.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    How long's it's taken you to gain it? ;)

As others have said in the thread, this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

If you're burning yourself out and doing unsustainable amounts of exercise and eating, there is a much higher chance you'll give up before you get to your goal. And even if you do get there, you will very likely not be able to stay there because the means by which you got there were not sustainable.

For a real more specific answer, if you work hard and keep at it, you might be there by next summer.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Chances are good your last 30 will take you way longer.
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Chances are good your last 30 will take you way longer.

Possibly. I know that since I started high the weight will come off more quickly at first, then slow down. Or it may not. I've lost significant amounts of weight before, and the loss stayed pretty consistent throughout. Hopefully it will this time too.
  • markgriffiths507
    markgriffiths507 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38Lb since July 1st
    aim for about 2lb a week
    Acheivable and relastic
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but if you're only interested to know how long you have to keep dieting and exercising until you reach your goal, you probably will gain it back.

This isn't a quick fix- it's not a magical thing that once you stop you're done forever. It's a lifestyle change. You need to stick with these healthy habits for life. I don't want to be rude or discouraging, just want you to know. Good luck with it!

This.

UN this. I hated that answer so much and I can't beleive anyone seconded that motivation sucking motion? People really puzzle me sometimes.

OP I get it, you're tired. Suggestions off the top of my head:

1) a light at the end of the tunnel gif for your wall.
    2) mini goals and rewards for them.
    3) target December 24th for "hitting it hard" take a week off until January 1st for enjoying the "eve's" and stuff. Then January 1 hit it hard again but start off with at least one new thing. One new clothing item, or exercise or song on your playlist or food in your diet arsenal or something. Not a major thing if you've been losing you don't wanna reinvent the wheel. Just a little new thing to perk you up a lil.

Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:

Because I sure know that other post wouldn't have helped me one bit.

Thank you for the positive feedback. I do see people doubting a lot. I know post are here to support too no matter how ridiculous they seem. :) thumbs up and goodluck to you and everyone who has there goals set
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 months to lose 30 pounds. I started on 3-12-13 at 238lbs and on 5-12-13 I weighed in at 208.

I had lost 20 pounds the first month, 10 the second, and 8 on the third.

Yay! So 30 can be done before xmas. :) thank you and wtg
  • buttbreh
    Options
    what was your routine?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I want to lose 30lbs by christmas. I've done it before without excersize but I was 20 years old then. Sadly gained it back when I was drinking alcohol all the time with friends. I was 160lbs plus or who knows how much I was. Then I saw myself in pictures and decided to go at it again. So the answer to the one saying it's for a better lifestyle, yes. Everybody on here wants to lose weight, it's just an estimation of what will come. Learning won't hurt. Some people lose 5lbs every week. So I'm trying to research on what will be if I keep trying. Maintaining weight is fine, as long as you don't overeat. Losing weight at a higher age, is the problem. My eyes are finally awakened from the reality of it, and it sucks. lol

This Christmas? No way! Isn't Christmas about seven weeks away? You'd have to lose about 4 pounds a week and that's pretty unhealthy.

30 pounds is not a lot (I set out to lose 33 pounds and am 8 pounds away from my goal), so I'd say to set your weight loss goal to 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. When you get to the last ten pounds, set it .5. I think a more reasonable goal might be May or June.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well I lost about that and its been 76 days today. My weigh in is tomorrow so my weight will be smaller ( I had to peak of course). So 77 days tomorrow and close to thirty lost. Tomorrow starts week 12 for me. But this depends on how much you weigh right now. I started at 234 (Ah!!) and been working out hard. But the smaller you are is the slower/harder it is to lose the weight. 30 weeks is the best target to be healthy.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but you could get rid of a limb and that'll solve your problem very quickly :laugh:

Realistically though it's not healthy to do that for Christmas, despite all your wishes.