McDonalds to change name of dollar menu

Options
13»

Replies

• Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    "McDonald’s said it earned $1.52 billion, or $1.52 a share, last quarter, compared with a profit of $1.46 billion, or $1.43 a share, a year earlier. Analysts had called for EPS of $1.51.

Revenue rose 2.4% to $7.32 billion, narrowly trailing the Street’s view of $7.34 billion.

Same-store sales grew 0.9% globally, compared with forecasts from analysts for 1.1%. U.S. same-store sales increased 0.7%, while European sales were up 0.2%. Same-store sales dropped 1.4% last quarter in the company’s Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa division, sparking a 12% decline in profits."
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2013/10/21/mcdonalds-reports-earnings/

Of course the big problem to the management is that McD's shares aren't looking good compared to the rest of the stock market, rising less than 8% since the beginning of the year, while the S&P 500 rose 22.3%. It is not that profits are not good, it is just they are not as good as expected. And if the stocks don't keep going up up up...well, then how do they justify those big bonuses? Even more, how else do they max out their cash when the bonus is paid in shares of stock?
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I only ever got the Double Hamburger and McChicken (no mayonnaise). I'll indulge maybe once a month.

In my opinion, I would never pay over 2 dollars for a sandwich at McDonalds.
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mickey D's used to be good back in the day; back when a Big Mac was actually big. Now, its just gross and I will not pay my money for disappointment.:sick:
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I haven't been to a McDonald's since they took my "crack" off the dollar menu.
    hotnspicy.png

Dude!!!!!!!! I loved these things in Florida...They don't even have the Spicy McChicken on the menu here in Nebraska...Only the McChicken.

What no spicy chicken what kind of communist propaganda is that?

We still have these at my local McDonalds. They don't have them listed on the menu but still serve. Might try asking for it :-)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Godammit, remind me to stay off this forum when I'm hungry....