I'm having a rough time

Options
Hi there,

I am having a rough time losing weight. I find it so very difficult to eat better because I feel always hungry and I get fatigued easy when working out. Then after my workout it takes me a good half hour to recover from it. I thought it was supposed to energize! not zap the energy out of me!

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Does that feeling ever go away...? Or am I doomed to feeling like s**t forever.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You rarely log your food or finish your day, so it's hard to give advice. It's not hard to eat better. There's plenty of delicious filling food and you don't have to cut anything out; just watch your portion control. How long have you been working out? What are you doing? If you are just starting, it will take some time for your body to adapt.
  • LHBrack
    Options
    What kind of things are you eating? If you have just started exercising then it may be hard as your body is getting use to it but with time you will feel the benefit of exercising.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    It looks like you rarely log. A huge thing for me has been logging every single thing I eat. Also, how do you have your goal and activity level set? If your activity level is set to sedentary and you're hungry and fatigued all the time, you should eat a portion of your exercise calories back. For me, I started out needing to lose 80 pounds. I set my goals to lose 2 lbs a week. That had me at 1240 calories per day. I decided that it was going to be easier for me to stick to it if I could eat more so I changed my goal to 1 lb per week. It really helped.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i eat so good. im never miserable. im never crying at the end of the day that i dont have any calories left. i have my calories set at 1400. ive gone over maybe 3 times in 3 months. and i eat good!!! it can be done. if you want it bad enough.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you are not logging consistently... and I don't think you are eating enough?? Try reading this article http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 It is very helpful. People who try to eat only 1500 calories a day may have a hard time logging consistently because they are hungry and want more food so then they eat it and don't log it because then they have gone over. Try reading that when you have time. It helped me quite a bit.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You don't log consistently.

Fix that.
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree, try logging EVERYTHING you eat for awhile, and track your nutrients as well. I've found that tracking sugar and protein has been really helpful. I was getting too little protein and too much sugar sometimes, and felt like crap on those days. I'm a dance teacher and am also very active outside of work and it is really hard to get through my busy days when I don't eat well.

I will say, some days I feel totally satisfied with the calories I get, and some days I feel totally deprived on the same amount of calories. Every day is different, but most days I do feel pretty good and it is totally worth it. I have totally changed how I eat and feel so much better.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Daughters b-day and wedding haven't had time. Normally I aim for 4-5 days exercise. Also I do plan on logging more..Just wondering why I am so tired after and during exercise. I have been exercising for 3 months after quitting a year due to pregnancy and having a baby boy! :) I pray that I can get on track.
  • micheleb15
    Options
    Daughters b-day and wedding haven't had time. Normally I aim for 4-5 days exercise. Also I do plan on logging more..Just wondering why I am so tired after and during exercise. I have been exercising for 3 months after quitting a year due to pregnancy and having a baby boy! :) I pray that I can get on track.

It could have a lot to do with your food. Do you eat before or after? It takes only a few minutes to log - just make it a priority. Consistency will be a huge help. Keep at it.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options

You're tired because: dehydrated, glucose levels down, along with countless other factors. You need to start eating nutrient dense food. The Great Wall wasn't built in a day. Once exercising become a habit, it will become a bit easier. The key here is to stay focused and log your food.

Honestly, I don't think you're mentally ready to lose weight. ALthough you say you are you just aren't 100% there. And you know what, that's ok.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    I eat breakfast usually something to do with eggs toast and coffee and some kind of fruit. Then I exercise 20 mins currantly doing JM 30 day shred lvl 2. Then my kids need stuff right after I work out so I usually don't have time for a shake or lunch till like half hour to and hour after.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    OH I am so ready I seen pictures from the wedding this weekend and felt mortified! haha! I am gonan drink more water and you guys are right I need to track more so that is my mini goal right now is to just track and exercise.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Make time to eat. I know you are busy, plan ahead. Have protein bars with you. Prepare your meals ahead of time.

My advice to you is to get your diet in order (track what you eat, make an effort everyday to meet your MFP assigned goal), then think about working out. You'll lose weight without the exercise. Once you get adjust to a new way of eating, then add in exercise, and don't forget to eat back those calories as well. Your body need nutrition to keep going and feel good.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    It is actually possible to just log and not exercise?? And lose weight?? I only get 1300 cals though I bet I would starve hahaha
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It is actually possible to just log and not exercise?? And lose weight?? I only get 1300 cals though I bet I would starve hahaha

Yes. I lost about 30 lbs before I even started considering exercise. I went from 190-145 with limited exercise and ate no less than 1600/daily. All it takes to lose weight is a calorie deficient from your TDEE. Exercise is good, but you need to take baby steps and do one thing at a time.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The 'exercise energizes you' effect is built up over time, not instant.

everything worth having is worth putting in the time and effort.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

logging your food does not help you lose weight.

understanding what you eat and improving it does help you lose weight - and that is what logging enables.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Yes I don't expect to log pizza and cheeseburgers and lose weight!
  • micheleb15
    Options
    Yes I don't expect to log pizza and cheeseburgers and lose weight!

I do - as long as you are within your calories, you are fine.