Baked Potato...

Options
I have a baked potato at lunch every day...and I love to change the flavors around. I'm looking for some new ideas! What is your favorite way to eat your baked potato?

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I love to have baked sweet potato topped with my bean-pico mix: kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, nutritional yeast, flax meal, salt and pepper. Super yum!
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Gee, a link to google for something that might actually taste like monkey butt...thanks!
  • yoouperh
    Options
    I love to have baked sweet potato topped with my bean-pico mix: kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, nutritional yeast, flax meal, salt and pepper. Super yum!

That sounds interesting, I will have to give it a shot! thank you!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Gee, a link to google for something that might actually taste like monkey butt...thanks!

Did you even click any of the links? Cause I did and found some awesome ideas.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/amazing-ways-to-eat-a-baked-potato-for-dinner

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-stuffed-potatoes/index.html

But whatever.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    leftover chili or leftover stew
    plain greek yogurt and dill
  • JuliLH
    JuliLH Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't have baked potatoes too often because of carbs and calories. But when I do ... I like a loaded. butter, sourcream, bacon, chedder cheese.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I like them simple. Pinch of salt and a scoop of cottage cheese. Unless it is steak night, then they are loaded!!!
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Im kinda plain with mine, but I like to put broccoli and a tiny bit of cheddar cheese, fat free sour cream, lunch meat ham slice( 35 calories) cut into pieces, black beans, corn, mushrooms, spinach, green onions, bell peppers, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese (just a dash cuz then I think it ruins the flavor). I have also tried sprinkling some popcorn seasoning on it like the ranch flavor cuz its only 5 calories, but there are other flavors. My potato sounds more like a salad of sorts than a potato. Oh and if you do most of this plan on sharing it cuz I never ever eat more than a quarter of it cuz its sooooo much food. I actually got the idea from a restaurant I went to. I just changed some of the ingredients to make it healthier and ended up with that and its still sooo yummy.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

How do you know if you don't like monkey butt until you've tried it?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    cooked carrots and peas, or peppers and onions, or bacon and cheese, or mushrooms, or salsa, or chili and cheese
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I mix the potato with some plain greek yogurt and chives and rosemary...and a smidge of butter. yum!
  • Mbusbee63
    Mbusbee63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    With cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Just plain.
    Formerly, I'd bathe it in butter, but when I started losing weight, I left off the butter.
    Now, that's the way I prefer it.
    Just the potato by itself.
    The calories are not outa sight, and you still get to eat something white.
    :-)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like to eat potatoes as nachos! Cut really thin strips in the top but leave the bottom connected and bake/microwave. Top with beans, cheese, tomato, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, hot sauce.
    The thin slices also help it cook faster :)
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, a little cheddar cheese, and some hot sauce!

This might sound gross, but tuna nicoise - some water packed tuna tossed in a vinagrette, steamed green beans, diced hard boiled eggs (you can add olives)

Beans, corn, peppers, garlic, and a little lime juice

Cottage cheese mixed with articholes and mild green chiles

Turkey chili
  • yoouperh
    Options

How do you know if you don't like monkey butt until you've tried it?
    How do you know I haven't? lol I just mean, I want to hear what MFP people have tried because we are pretty like minded. a search like that could return really tasty potatoes but might also be really sassy, or they could sound good and really lack a specific seasoning that might make it better. I'm looking for day to day ideas like the ones others have given.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cheese, Plain Greek Yogurt, and salsa, or
    Bacon and cheese
  • yoouperh
    Options
    Grilled chicken, a little cheddar cheese, and some hot sauce!

This might sound gross, but tuna nicoise - some water packed tuna tossed in a vinagrette, steamed green beans, diced hard boiled eggs (you can add olives)

Beans, corn, peppers, garlic, and a little lime juice

Cottage cheese mixed with articholes and mild green chiles

Turkey chili

tuna one sounds weird but interesting, I would probably want to make it like a tuna melt, with cheese...