Whats an official "plateau"

Options
I'm just curious, when can you say your on a plateau...after a week, 2 weeks, a month?

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    After 2 weeks I'd say..thats how long mine lasted.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have had them last as little as a week and as long as a few months. I have never been in a hurry, so normaly I just let them work out over time. I did how ever find a trick to break it, if it been a long one. I simply pig out for a day, and I do mean pig out. Yes I might gain a pound, but it tells the body that it's feast time and will start burning fat again. You have to be careful with that, because it you do it too often, you can destroy all your hard work.
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    I would say when your weight has stayed constant for more that two weeks despite diet and exercise. Plateaus come in all sizes, some are short others are longer. The best way to bust one is to switch up your routine. What are you currently doing for exercise?
  • darcibean
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question!! I'm pretty sure you were on the same wavelength as me from my post this morning! :)
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Reaching a "Plateau" is something that will always happens if you are trying to lose weight.

Just continue at what you are doing, but changing your routine will help.

I have learned not to look at the scales (only weight myself once a month), but look at how my clothes fits.

Also people asking are you losing weight helps also.

So even if you may have reached a plateau, your body is still changing and the scales don't reflect that.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've officially hit one lol. But after reading a few different posts on here, and seeing that word thrown around, I really wasn't sure when you could consider yourself in a plateau.

For me, I would say about 2 weeks...1 week of work...weigh in at the end of that week...no loss....2nd week of work...weigh in at the end of that week...no loss...at that point I would consider myself on a plateau until I was able to banish a few lbs away...even if it did happen like a day or 2 after...for 2 days I would consider myself officially on plateau haha.

So I just wanted to see it was all about.