I'm having a rough time

Options
2»

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yes I don't expect to log pizza and cheeseburgers and lose weight!

But you can log pizza and cheeseburgers and lose weight. But only 1330 calories a day in pizza and cheeseburgers. Figuring out what fills you up and makes you sane will work better. But yes, if you have a calorie deficient from your TDEE, you can eat anything you want!
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is very true however for myself I find that these foods take up too many cals and I am hungry after with no more cals to spare :(
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast usually something to do with eggs toast and coffee and some kind of fruit. Then I exercise 20 mins currantly doing JM 30 day shred lvl 2. Then my kids need stuff right after I work out so I usually don't have time for a shake or lunch till like half hour to and hour after.

Perhaps if you exercised, then ate ... you'd feel better. Exercise uses up whatever carbs you have just eaten and if you haven't eaten yet it uses up fat stores instead. The 20 minute time frame for it is great ... Do you drink coffee? Try having just one cup of that before you exercise ... and eat within 15 minutes of your exercise ... My trainer gave me this advise and he also gave me a breakfast to eat right after exercise that kept me feeling great for at least 2.5 hours ... when it was time to have a snack meal.

Try this: lll
    1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup oats (measured before cooking), 1 oz walnuts or almonds, cinnamon sprinkled on the oatmeal, 2 fresh strawberries ( or 1/4 cup blueberries, any other berries).

I ate this breakfast for a whole month before I started switching it around a bit and have gone back to it again.
    Good Luck
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey Rayanne....I log everything via the app on my phone if I am not at my computer. Logging helps to keep you accountable and also allows you to see trends. I wonder if you aren't dehydrated. I know that I need to do a better job of drinking enough water after I work out.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Logging everything is key! Regardless of what is going on, it's a must for me. My fiance asked me to put my phone down after dinner one night, and I said "give me a minute to log my food" It has to be habit. I looked at your diary and you haven't logged consistently. If you are not eating enough, you would surely be feeling tired after exercising, you need to fuel your body!! I try to spread my food out throughout the day, nothing worse than being hungry before bed and having hardly anything left calorie wise.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This is very true however for myself I find that these foods take up too many cals and I am hungry after with no more cals to spare :(

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but giving up bread & grains (for the most part) allowed me to lose 10 lbs I'd been trying to shake for a while without being hungry. Before, I was constatnly starving and couldn't figure out where to cut calories. You just get so much more bang for your bite when you skip the bread or rice or what not. I eat way more vegetables and fruit now too.

Bread also tends to make me hungrier. So those slices of pizza that add up to 800 calories (from a work lunch recently) just leave me hungry and craving sweets. My turkey burger and avocado does not.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Daughters b-day and wedding haven't had time. Normally I aim for 4-5 days exercise. Also I do plan on logging more..Just wondering why I am so tired after and during exercise. I have been exercising for 3 months after quitting a year due to pregnancy and having a baby boy! :) I pray that I can get on track.

you should have your iron levels checked.... you could be anemic.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but giving up bread & grains (for the most part) allowed me to lose 10 lbs I'd been trying to shake for a while without being hungry. Before, I was constatnly starving and couldn't figure out where to cut calories. You just get so much more bang for your bite when you skip the bread or rice or what not. I eat way more vegetables and fruit now too.

Bread also tends to make me hungrier. So those slices of pizza that add up to 800 calories (from a work lunch recently) just leave me hungry and craving sweets. My turkey burger and avocado does not.

You won't get flamed for it. I notice that too. If I eat the burger and not the bun I'm fuller longer than if I would have eaten the bread too. But everyone needs to learn what their triggers are. Mine are oddly bananas. I eat one and I'm a carb crazed manic ALL DAY. So essentially a very healthy thing I've dropped from my diet.

More protein and veggies really does help. But that doesn't mean that you have to eat ALL veggies and protein. A good mix helps keep cravings at bay. If I told myself I can't have something, I want it so much more. I tell myself I chose not to eat it.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    It;s funny you mentioned the no carb idea...I was actually just thinking about that!!! Hmm back to carb free minus breaky for me. That is how I lost 50 pounds after my first baby. I've done this before that is why I am also frustrated to be back at the starting line.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    you should have your iron levels checked.... you could be anemic.

I was anemic after my first kid I wonder if it is back I am ALWAYS tired and cranky. I just started taking multivitamins I wonder if that could help?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It;s funny you mentioned the no carb idea...I was actually just thinking about that!!! Hmm back to carb free minus breaky for me. That is how I lost 50 pounds after my first baby. I've done this before that is why I am also frustrated to be back at the starting line.

Carb free probabloy not the best idea, that will make you cranky. Carbs give you energy, protien keeps you full-I would try to get a balance of each.