Best compliment ever given to you?

Options

Replies

• rainbow_Moonbeam
    Options
    Mine is nothing too exciting but I quite liked it! "Most smart people are really ugly... But you're not." By some random person at a college open day from another table. It's a double compliment: smart AND not really ugly!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    "If you were a garbage bag, you would totally be the purple scented ones" We were hitting on each other and bagging groceries(when I was like 16 or 17 haha) By far the most awesome one ever!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Besides the obvious "I love you", I'd say it was "I used to think you were rather stupid".
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I was told "You have an amazing way of thinking, it's beautiful and energetic. Plus it doesn't hurt that your eyes are like jewels and lips like the petals of a red rose"

Now that right there, made me get all happy inside.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I had both a grandmother and uncle not recognize me earlier this year. I had an aunt to pass on and, at the funeral, I had people come up and ask me who I was. Kinda weird, but that is how much change occurred.
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    While at the gym, I was told I have nice quads and hamstring!
  • acec00p
    acec00p Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think the best was since I still remember it. I was in a grocery store & there were 2 women in the milk section across from the bread as I went pass them to get some bread as I turned I saw them checking me out. As I passed them I said have a good day and they said they were now
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love when my patients tell me that I'm their favorite nurse. So adorable!!
    Nurses are so underrated here, and some of them are so grumpy. You must be fantastic, and congrats for being a favorite!

Where do you live? Where I come from, nursing is considered a very NOBLE career, and I proudly wear MY badge of honor. NURSE HERE for 20 years and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    my husband thought i was too beautiful for him.... but that was 20 yrs ago and before the kids :tongue:
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A compliment that I have seemed to have gotten over and over again in my life and one I always appreciate is that I have good posture!! I'm a nurse and lots of patients will tell me they see me walking up and down the hall and that I have beautiful posture. I take it as a great compliment!! :)
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I overheard my son's pregnant kindergarten teacher tell my wife "I hope my husband is half the dad your husband is"
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I went to the store to buy a few things one morning, and I looked horrible (no make up, hair pulled back in a pony tail) and right after i was done getting rung up and about to leave, the grocery bagger looked at me and said "ya know, you're very beautiful" and smiled... lol, that made my day
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My old boss told me that I was probably one of the five most intelligent people he'd ever met.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    people on here constantly say that i look like justin timberlake....that makes me blush haha

Holy ssssshhh...you do!!!!

Doppelganger.
  • MooAsh
    MooAsh Posts: 33
    Options
    I love when my patients tell me that I'm their favorite nurse. So adorable!!
    Nurses are so underrated here, and some of them are so grumpy. You must be fantastic, and congrats for being a favorite!

Where do you live? Where I come from, nursing is considered a very NOBLE career, and I proudly wear MY badge of honor. NURSE HERE for 20 years and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm from Nova Scotia. I myself consider it a noble career as well, but doctors seem to get all of the credit while the nurses get yelled at, etc, and do most of the work!
  • MooAsh
    MooAsh Posts: 33
    Options
    I overheard my son's pregnant kindergarten teacher tell my wife "I hope my husband is half the dad your husband is"

That's really fantastic, and reminds me of my own dad. I hope whoever I choose to have children with is as great as my dad is.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    The one that never gets old "you're so beautiful" from my fiancee. He has been saying that since we met and that was almost five years ago. :blushing:
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I was on the way to my middle sons school to pick him up and I stopped in a convenient store to pick up a snack for him. When I walked in I felt this man staring at me so I tried to avoid him however he was in the aisle with the snacks. I walked into the aisle and he just looked at me and said, "You are a very beautiful woman. You should be a model or something." I just smiled and thanked him and he repeated himself. It was very nice to hear, especially since I don't feel beautiful at all since having my last baby. Compliments are always very welcomed and nice to hear :)
  • camilleme73
    camilleme73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I heard my hubby talking to our daughter one day when she was being an ungrateful tween and he told her "you should appreciate your mom more because nobody has a heart like she does and I don't know anyone else who would work and sacrifice like she does just to keep you kids happy". It was literally the sweetest thing I've ever heard!!! He doesn't even know I heard it but every time he really pisses me off I remind myself that he thinks I'm amazing and I decide to keep him :)
  • AnchoredinHimfitness
    Options
    That I am a good Mom :)