a-z list of low calorie

Options
Hellooo,

I am currently maintaining my weight. I am new to the nutrition side of my maintenance. Exercising 3x a week, I have a daily calorie limit of roughly 2,300. I am researching on-line about organic foods as well. I know veg and fruit and lean meat/fish are on my list, but can somebody please post some low calorie foods. Low calorie Breakfast, lunches, snacks, from dairy to meat.

I've just found out about almond milk!! I had no idea about them lol. Anyone knows please could you post a few items of low calorie foods would be very much appreciated to help me, thanks!

Replies

• PinkkCamel
    PinkkCamel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is definitely your friend in terms of dairy. Also, light yoghurt. natural unflavoured greek yoghurt is best to avoid added sugars and other preservatives. Canned tuna is great for meats; it's portable and tastes great (provided you don't buy the one preserved in springwater lol). Canned beans/legumes like chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans etc are a great addition to salads/other dishes to boost fibre intake and nutritional value.
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    Cottage cheese is definitely your friend in terms of dairy. Also, light yoghurt. natural unflavoured greek yoghurt is best to avoid added sugars and other preservatives. Canned tuna is great for meats; it's portable and tastes great (provided you don't buy the one preserved in springwater lol). Canned beans/legumes like chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans etc are a great addition to salads/other dishes to boost fibre intake and nutritional value.

Yess I'm going to add your suggestions to my shopping list. I've also found out about quinoa for breakfast??!! Many thanks :)
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    any members know any items to add to my shopping list?

much appreciated :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    avocados
  • 52dietplan
    Options
    There's a quick cheatsheet of food under 100 calories that you can use to start making up meals and keeping track here:

http://www.thefastingdietplan.com/information/infographic-foods-100-calories-less/

Some of the best, especially to fill yourself are spinach salads, quinoa, sweet potatoes and grilled chicken breasts.

Good luck!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    There's a quick cheatsheet of food under 100 calories that you can use to start making up meals and keeping track here:

http://www.thefastingdietplan.com/information/infographic-foods-100-calories-less/

Some of the best, especially to fill yourself are spinach salads, quinoa, sweet potatoes and grilled chicken breasts.

Good luck!

This is awesome, thanks!!
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options

Good luck!

Wow this is great, many thanks :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Low calorie lunches that I eat:
    4 baked chicken wings, 240 calories
    5 ounces orange chicken, 332 calories
    Oscar Mayer pizza lunchable, 320 calories
    1 ballpark hot dog with wheat bun, 310 calories
    1/4 digiorno fire baked pepperoni pizza, 350 calories
    3.5 ounces tyson chicken strips, 222 calories
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    i stumbled on this site: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

I am on a low calorie balanced diet, with more protein intake with fibre but a little low on carbs & fats/sugar. Basically trying to balance it all out. I am also looking for any low calorie brands/items from UK supermarkets.

I am cleaning out my kitchen, removing all junk food & replacing it with low calorie healthy food. At the moment I am looking to add more on my list on the following:

1) Low calorie Breakfast ideas (preferably under 200 cals)

2) Low-Fat Dairy (I recently found out about unsweetened almond milk !!)

3) Poultry & Lean Meats (on my list is skinless chicken, turkey breast, lean mince)

any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    Low calorie lunches that I eat:
    4 baked chicken wings, 240 calories
    5 ounces orange chicken, 332 calories
    Oscar Mayer pizza lunchable, 320 calories
    1 ballpark hot dog with wheat bun, 310 calories
    1/4 digiorno fire baked pepperoni pizza, 350 calories
    3.5 ounces tyson chicken strips, 222 calories

i like it, similar lunches will be looking to eat. :)