July 19th, MFP Runner's club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Morning all,

Looks like everyone is out and busy on this Saturday morning.

I have a scheduled day off today. I have my 7.5 mile scheduled for tomorrow. Looking forward to those burned calories!! lol

Have a great day all!
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Morning all,

Looks like everyone is out and busy on this Saturday morning.

I have a scheduled day off today. I have my 7.5 mile scheduled for tomorrow. Looking forward to those burned calories!! lol

Have a great day all!
    Mireille
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Today is a rest day for me too. I did walk/run about a mile and a half with my 6yo this morning. 99% humidity!

Wishing everyone a great rest, walk, run, or race day
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning All!

Even though I tried to drink my weight in wine last night :ohwell: got 11 miles in today. Now I think I'll go lay in a coma for the rest of the weekend. :bigsmile:

Good luck with your long run tomorrow Mireille! :drinker:

99% humidity is crazy, Kechie!! I wouldn't go outside until October! :laugh:

Happy Running! :drinker:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hey y'all! I got out and got in 4.5 miles this morning...could've gone longer but my stomach started to REALLY hurt in the last half mile :grumble:. I hate being a girl sometimes! Haha hope everyone has a good day!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!!

Nice 11 Shannon!

Good Luck on your 7.5 Mireille - what is your longest distance so far? Hope your weather is better than ours!

Ahn - hope your belly is feeling better! 4.5 is better than nothing at all!!

I was out there with Kechie this am in the 99% humidity and 85 degree heat at 7am! It was HOT and the sun was brutal!! I got in 8.7 in 1:22:49 - haven't calculated it yet. I did have to stop and walk briefly in the last mile because I stopped sweating and got the chills - made me very nervous - but then I realized walking only delayed me getting to the gatorade that was waiting for me at the end. So I started running again!

I got a huge blister on my middle toe too.

I went out last night and found the unfiltered ACV with 'the mother' in it! I am soaking my toes in it right now!

I wonder how Angie is going on her 50K? I cannot imagine running that long!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello!

Today is a rest day/family day. Taking the kids to my parents' house to have a cook out with my sister and her family. I say it is a rest day, but I may run this evening if the kids are occupied and the weather's nice. Hoping everyone is having an awesome Saturday!

:heart: Christina
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Man, I feel like such a beginner with this crowd!! Impressive runs happened or going to be.
    Today was a 3 mile jog (a few stops - not feeling it today) and a mile on the crosstrainer.

Shannon -- those 2lbs are staying -- oh well maybe the scale was off before and now it is working. I dunno but, no sense in worrying about it (and I'm not updating until my official weigh-in day!! Ha so there scale!!)

Tomorrow is a rest day, ahhhhh, yes.
  • Mireille
    Options

Nice 11 Shannon!

Good Luck on your 7.5 Mireille - what is your longest distance so far? Hope your weather is better than ours!

I was out there with Kechie this am in the 99% humidity and 85 degree heat at 7am! It was HOT and the sun was brutal!! I got in 8.7 in 1:22:49 - haven't calculated it yet. I did have to stop and walk briefly in the last mile because I stopped sweating and got the chills - made me very nervous - but then I realized walking only delayed me getting to the gatorade that was waiting for me at the end. So I started running again!

I went out last night and found the unfiltered ACV with 'the mother' in it! I am soaking my toes in it right now!

7.5 miles will be my longest. I hope it's not hot and humid tomorrow like it is today. It's unbearable today, we are sweating like crazy just standing and doing nothing! yikes!!
    I guess we are all suffering with this heat!!

Shannon, 11 miles!! You are awesome!! You're gonna have to "drink" again tonight to replenish your fluids!! lol
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I have an off day today too. I may go to the park tomorrow morning and run three or four miles. Everyone enjoy their weekend and your work outs.
  • Shannon023
    Options

Nice 11 Shannon!

7.5 miles will be my longest. I hope it's not hot and humid tomorrow like it is today. It's unbearable today, we are sweating like crazy just standing and doing nothing! yikes!!

Shannon, 11 miles!! You are awesome!! You're gonna have to "drink" again tonight to replenish your fluids!! lol

:bigsmile: I like the way you think, sistah!

Good luck w/your long run tomorrow. Been meaning to ask, how's your daughter's ear healing up??:flowerforyou:

TNT, did you try the vinegar??
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Nice 11 Shannon!

that is what I thought, but I couldn't remember what last weekends mileage was. Good for you! I will be thinking about you! Please drink lots water and carry some with you.

Running in this heat is not fun - but I guess it is good training for the race in August when it will be just as hot, if not hotter.

I say we all join Shannon tonight and raise our glasses to Mother Nature and the Summertime Blues!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did four miles with 35 minutes of strength training. I'm doing between 9 and 10 miles tom. so I wanted to go a little eaiser today.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I did four miles with 35 minutes of strength training. I'm doing between 9 and 10 miles tom. so I wanted to go a little eaiser today.

Alabama??? You better get up early, girl!!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everybody!

We just got done with our long run. We ended up only going 13 miles instead of 14 because I mapped it a little bit wrong on mapmyrun (oops!). But it was a perfect day for running. It was cloudy and cool (the clouds are supposed to burn off later and it'll be 80 degrees.) I ran 10:07 pace for the whole 13 miles! I'm starting to get faster (although I'm still by far the slowest in my family!)
    Next weekend is our half-marathon and I'm totally ready for it.

Nice job on all your runs everyone. Have a restful and happy weekend!
    Terry:flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    21037?lswe=21037&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=searchbox

Ah, Washington, DC in the summertime.....
  • Mireille
    Options

Nice 11 Shannon!

:bigsmile: I like the way you think, sistah!

Good luck w/your long run tomorrow. Been meaning to ask, how's your daughter's ear healing up??:flowerforyou:

TNT, did you try the vinegar??

Its got a bit of an infection in the middle of the piecing, so we are trying to get rid of it. Once that is cleared we should will be okay to re-piece. One phone call, just one phone call and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. My blood is still boiling over this incident, can you tell? lol
  • Shannon023
    Options

It's got a bit of an infection in the middle of the piecing, so we are trying to get rid of it. Once that is cleared we should will be okay to re-piece. One phone call, just one phone call and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. My blood is still boiling over this incident, can you tell? lol

That's why I waited to ask. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day for me..lol. Getting ready for vacation and I love coming home to a totally clean house and the only laundry being that of the suitcases so I spent today cleaning and gardening and packing so I can enjoy my vacation!

Yes, I know, probably a bit anal I just like to come home and be able to relax that first day home!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I attended a boot camp this morning and did Kenpo karate this evening. I spent the afternoon as a spectator at a pole vaulting competition. I was able to meet some coaches and I am going to try to vault tomorrow. After 20 years of not vaulting, it will be ugly but I am looking forward to it. It is pretty cool to be in a place where I THINK I am in good enough shape to try it. It is amazing how motivating a little cardiovascular disease can be!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I can't get vinegar here.. I am in the desert serving 120 days. BUT, when I get back it is on my list of things to get!! I will definitely try it, a friend of mine used to swear by it but I never got into it.