6ft tall ladies! !!

Options

Replies

• lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not quite 6ft here but I'm at 5'10". I started really watching my weight come off around 235lbs (I'm pretty sure my highest was close to 250) and I'm currently hovering around 190-195lbs and in a size 14/XL. I think I'm about 25-35lbs away from my "goal" (160ish). I'm finding it hard to regain my momentum again but it seems that it's getting harder and harder.
  • tyleeloo28
    Options
    6ft exactly and aiming for 120lbs. Was my lightest at 125lbs this summer, but still had a little extra fat on my bones. 120lbs is my ideal :)
  • HolliCooper
    HolliCooper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", weighed myself when I started popping out of my size 18 (UK) clothes at 230lbs. It's been a year and a half of ups and downs. I'm at 207lbs now. My goal weight when I started this was 174lbs. I had to pick something and that was the number when I would be straddling the border between normal and overweight on the BMI scale. I'm a pretty muscular sort and I love having curves so i thought a bit on the chubby side sounded right. :). I'm still aiming for that but if I feel good in the 180's then I wont stress about making the last drop just for the sake of the number. I seem to have stalled around the 200-210 mark for the last few months but I can feel myself getting fitter so I don't mind. I got nothing but time :).
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ooh, a group for me! :) I don't have any before pics, perhaps I should take some as I'm only -20 in... I hate pictures!

My stats: 5'10.5, currently 295lbs, highest weight ever (4 years ago) 345lbs, current starting weight, 311lbs. First goal, 250 by end of the year. Next goal, 200lbs (no time frame on that one, as I'll lose much more slowly as I go down, obviously.)

I am also athletic, and my motivation is to do all those things I love to do without pain, like biking, horseback riding, walking, hiking, etc.

So glad to see all you tall gals here! I find that everything is different for us of magnificent height! (1200 cals, srsly?Dude.) my numbers are so far off from the 'average' female :)

Good luck, guys!
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know there are more tall ladies!! Where are you hiding? :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: can you share a few inch to a girl in need? :sad: :sad: :sad: :wink:
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 6' tall. I never weighed myself when I was a teen, so I don't know what my exact goal will be. When I was 204 (about 40 pounds from where I am now) I could fit in size 10 jeans. I'd love to get back down to that, and then figure out my goal weight.
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6'1, I don't have an up to date progress picture but my goal weight is somewhere between 160-180lbs, I have a long way to go
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :sad: 5'11 (never quite made it to 6'
    SW: 190
    CW: 148 (before a weekend in Atlanta and I'm avoiding the scale)
    GW: 145 (only because I want to go low so I can gain while I'm at my BF's family at Thanksgiving)

I'm happy staying between 145 and 150, but it's rough going...160 is my oh crap I need to start watching again weight.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    6'0" here
    SW: 193
    CW: ~157 (see anywhere from 154-158 on the scale in the mornings)
    GW: 150-155.

I prefer to have a goal range rather than a set number. Although I am still feeling rather chubby at this weight, so may have to try to go lower. I have some pics in my profile of me at different weights, but am waiting til I finish my round with Insanity before I take new ones.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1". I'm shooting for 170. I got down to 165 in grad school when I had mono and was too skinny. I started at 232 after having twins and continuing to gain after they were born due to exhaustion, stress, and no more workouts. I am at 227 or so now, and hoping to see below 200 by the end of the year.

I used to be in awesome shape (collegiate swimmer & marathon runner) and it is so discouraging to be so heavy and know HOW much work I need to do to just be able to run a couple miles again.

Glad to see other tall women on here. I don't have any real life tall friends - they are all a bunch of shorties and make me feel like a giant standing next to them.
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 I am currently at 250 and have lost 10lbs. My goal weight is around 180 and then I will re-evaluate.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and I've lost 30 pounds an am pretty happy with my current weight but am now focusing on some body recomp through weight lifting.

Here is a post of my progress so far that you can take a peek at to see my pictures.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1111231-sept-2012-sept-2013-through-pictures

I currently weigh 174 pounds, and am wearing mostly size 8s, and even some of them are getting loose. I carry weight in my bust, abdomen, hips and thighs.
  • micia4u
    micia4u Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Amazons!!!

I'm 5'10 ish and my current weight is 240. My goal weight is 185. I carry most of my weight in my mid-section (belly, butt, thighs) and after 2 c-sections I'm just really tired of seeing this apron of belly fat/skin so if there were a magic wand to make it disappear, I would be so happy. In the mean time, I"ve been consistently tracking for almost a month now and I've lost about 8lbs. I can't wait to at least see the 220's again!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" but only in the morning. ;)

My goal weight is around 165. I don't want to be skinny- I want to be strong (but not body-builder strong), and I don't want to obsess over a number. I DO want to fit back into a size 10 (tall) though ;)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm not 6 feet but close. Started at 209, currently 186, heading toward around 165 I think as a final goal.

So tall girl to tall girls, tell me. Do you ever feel hyper-aware of your body in a room, especially when you weigh more than you want to on top of being tall? I mean, there's no way to hide behind your friends or blend into the background. You just feel...huge. Conspicuous. And I'm pretty shy so that's been tough on me through my 20s and 30s. Now that I'm 44 I care a lot less what other people think of me and that's pretty freeing. And I'm fairly sure even when my body looks better I won't have to worry about catcalls and wolf whistles and stuff, like the pretty young things do LOL. That would send me running! I'm just looking forward to not feeling like such a BIG person.
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on
  • micia4u
    micia4u Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not 6 feet but close. Started at 209, currently 186, heading toward around 165 I think as a final goal.

So tall girl to tall girls, tell me. Do you ever feel hyper-aware of your body in a room, especially when you weigh more than you want to on top of being tall? I mean, there's no way to hide behind your friends or blend into the background. You just feel...huge. Conspicuous. And I'm pretty shy so that's been tough on me through my 20s and 30s. Now that I'm 44 I care a lot less what other people think of me and that's pretty freeing. And I'm fairly sure even when my body looks better I won't have to worry about catcalls and wolf whistles and stuff, like the pretty young things do LOL. That would send me running! I'm just looking forward to not feeling like such a BIG person.

Yes! Yes! and Yes!!! I've always felt that way especially when I wear heals. I'm very curvy in all the right places though so I"ve always gotten the cat calls and whistles even while being overweight. I've also become more confident as I've gotten older and I'm comfortable with my height. I just want to be able to shop in a regular sized clothing store that carries tall sizes! Currently I"m in a size 18 and would love to see a size 10-12.
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Y'all can come hide behind me ;)

I'm really self-conscious around certain people. There are just some that bring that out in you. Like one of my cousins, a gorgeous, petite little girl next door gal (she's probably 115lbs soaking wet and looks ravishing in her pjs :P ) and her husband who is also fit and barely 5'8. I feel really awkward around them. And I hate that. I want to be confident in myself, and at my age, it's about time.

But I also have friends who are my friends because of WHO I am, not what I am; around those people, I'm very confident, proud of my stature and the fact that I am a kind and caring person, and I have a great time. So it really does depend on the company.

Any of you ladies feel free to add me. I just started again with a new account and don't have many friends yet. :)
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!! I'm 6"1 you can look at profile pic.
    Was 228 I'm first one an now 176!! First pic was taken in march second just last week!! Doing great girls!