Sneakers or not for at home work out after injury?

Options
I do at home work outs on carpet. Historically, I've been doing it without sneakers but then I had a pretty bad calf strain which killed my work out for a couple weeks.

I think I'm ready to approach some high intensity work outs again (hopefully the calf with cooperate) and wondering if a sneaker would be a smarter approach for me? Do you think sneakers help provide better support for an injured calf or just tight calves in general? I do get terribly tight calves when I work out and no amount of stretching completely fixes it. I'm thinking about going out and buying an "indoor pair" today.

What do you think?

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I always wear runners at home while I workout. I have one pair of good running shoes that I use on the treadmill and another pair of cross training runners that I use for weight training.
  • TheNavet
    TheNavet Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I can't really answer your question - nonetheless, I have found exercising with sneakers much more enjoyable than without. It also has helped me avoid a multitude of foot and toe injuries.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    In for the snickers!! Sorry wrong thread!!

Yes they should give you better support IMO.
  • lisal11
    lisal11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always wear runners at home while I workout. I have one pair of good running shoes that I use on the treadmill and another pair of cross training runners that I use for weight training.
    What kind of cross trainers are you using?