Error on Calories

Options
I am using myfitnesspal to track my calories and have found an error in the number of calories for Shakeology Chocolate. My advisor and the package says 1 scoop of powder is 140 calories. But when I put in 1 scoop 1 serving it comes up with 80 calories. How can this be corrected? Thanks

Replies

• LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just create my own food, there are a LOT of errors on the calories so I double check everything
  • quiltingmamma
    Options
    Where and how do you create my own food?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Click on the Food tab, then My Foods, then the green Create Food button. Enter all the required info and save.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Click on the Food tab, then My Foods, then the green Create Food button. Enter all the required info and save.

I have been doing this too ... as there is a lot of bad information in the database.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I just checked and there's about 9 billion entries for shakeology chocolate. Just browse through them till you find one that has the right stats and use it. Or create your own (but that's more work).
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Scroll through until you find the right one. Since there are so many different people entering things, you have to double check on some. And if you are seeing multiples that are wrong, maybe report it. Not sure they will be able to fix it, but at least you will have tried. LOL I even double check restaurants via their websites. It can be a bit time consuming while you build your database and recipes, but it will add up quick!
  • quiltingmamma
    Options
    Thanks so much. I have another question or at least a statement. When logging in food it doesn't give me the kind of options I need. Like carrots......I eat 4 baby carrots and it only gives me the option of cups......grapes are the same way. Is there a place to find out how to have things adjusted?
  • MissMeghan802
    Options
    I found this out the hard way! I was logging a jar of Preggo Pasta Sauce, and MFP said 1600, when it was actually 700. I even scanned it!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I have another question or at least a statement. When logging in food it doesn't give me the kind of options I need. Like carrots......I eat 4 baby carrots and it only gives me the option of cups......grapes are the same way. Is there a place to find out how to have things adjusted?

I'm not sure how accurate an entry for carrots that used the number of carrots would be -- even baby carrots come in different sizes. Can you weigh them?

More generally, there should be lots of entries for carrots. The best entries are generally the ones with no asterisk, and they will often have several options for units (volume, e.g. cups; weight; and sometimes by the piece, e.g., one carrot, typically with dimensions for the carrot). If you search for carrots - raw, there is an entry without an asterisk that has options for chopped, grated and sliced carrots by the cup, large, medium, and small carrots, and per 100 grams. There's also a carrots, baby-raw entry, with units for small, medium and large carrots, but it doesn't say how big they are.

You can edit entries when you find errors. (I only use the website, so I don't know if this works with the app.) When you're logging a food and you search for it in the database, once you select (click on) one of the entries, there should be the phrase "nutritional information" just below the name of the food and the information about how many confirmations the entry has. If you click on "nutritional information," you get a pop-up box with all the nutritional information for that item, and on the right it will ask you "Is this data accurate?" If you click "no," it will give you the option of editing the information. If it's a brand item, and a lot of people have already confirmed it, even though it doesn't match your information, it's possible that the company that makes it alters the recipe in different countries, or that people are talking about a different package size than you are, and it might be better to just create a new entry, rather than change one that people are relying on.