What do you run to?

Options
2»

Replies

• Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The better question may be what are you running from?

My fat *kitten* ;)

I'm doing zombie, run 5k training and have purpose built my own playlists based on bpm that is interrupted by the zombie mission. Currently it is mostly dance music first play list ended with Barbie Girl :) and the current one has strategically placed Don't give Up and Fight for your right... I've read you do better to more upbeat tracks even if the bpm is the same and that has driven my choices too.
  • R1otgirl
    R1otgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For some reason the song Make Damn Sure by Taking Back Sunday makes me run like the world is ending XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJiTp2gPkDw
  • onlyanegg
    onlyanegg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use paceDJ set at 165, so I have a lot of Biffy Clyro, Dead Kennedys with Big Country, They Might Be Giants, A-Ha thrown in there.
  • nataliejulie
    Options
    I've always been partial to running to heavy metal. I guess it's easy to say that it's pretty motivating :)
  • bybyadipocytes
    bybyadipocytes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    deftones, living legends, bush, jay-z, outkast, green day, atmosphere, ben harper, too short....all kinds of stuff!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Rock my Run app. Pick your flavor of the day and go. Best thing ever!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I dig Pandora's 80's Cardio station
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    wow seems alot of people listen to heavy stuff. i like ibiza anthems. but i find it distracting and my pace is dependent on the song so mostly i run with my thoughts
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Southern girl here and country music is where my music stays.I just turn it on and go. Probably would not work for many. lol
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I dig Pandora's 80's Cardio station

need to try this one! sounds like fun!
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to any music, honestly I like looking around, hearing sounds and thoughts in my own head. It is actually really peaceful, I love it!!
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My favorite is FloRida. I also like Maroon 5, Ke$ha, Usher, LMFAO, Macklemore, Ludacris, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West (I can't stand him but like to run to his music). I need fast paced with mindless lyrics.

I ran without my earbuds one day and hated it- I can't stand the sound of my own breathing. I thought, "Oh, I'll try listening to the birds singing and cars whizzing by, and think about life, it will be great!" No, it sucked, that run seemed to last forever, and I'll never do it again if I can help it.