Do you count the number after the decimal point???

Options
Just curious...when you weigh in, do you count the number after the decimal point? Or just pay attention to the number in front?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I only count whole pounds. No particular reason just the way I've always done it. .1 of a pound just seems too little too count
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I am 56.9KG, then I know i'm close to 57KG, if I'm 56.1KG, then i'm closer to the 55's, so it does make a difference to me and my motivation :)
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just count the whole pound. I weigh "officially" (for logging purposes) once a week, with all my clothes on, just barefoot. So I contribute the .blah blahs to clothes and such. Besides, I'm one of those who weighs unofficially every day, just to keep mental track of how different foods, activities and water intake effects my body. Purely curiosity sake.

But to log, I only count whole pounds.
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you are just dictated to by whatever scale you have! It's hard to ignore a number once it's in front of you.

My scale weighs to the 1/4 lb, which I have always found ridiculous. I'd rather have one that rounds up weight to the nearest 1/2 lb I think.

MFP seems to round my entries up to .3 and .8 when I log 1/4 lbs though.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My unit is in Kilogram so the number after the decimal can be a big deal to me.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I also use kilograms. Those numbers after the decimal point can be the difference in 1 pound a month or 3 pound loss.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yes I count it.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Yeah also in Kilograms so the decimal point is important to me too.
    0.5kgs = 1.1 pounds :smile:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i think when you are in kgs, you have to pay attention to the fraction.

1kg is 2.2pounds so a .1 of a kg is worth more than .1 of a pound
  • natasha8812
    natasha8812 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do it gives me a little bit of motivation to get to the next whole number. I've lost 7.6lb so far can't wait to get to at least 8 xx
    Anyone feel free to add me as a friend xxx
  • Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I count it but do feel quite silly when the feed says I lost .1 of a lb or something. Maybe I should start rounding down to the nearest whole lb.
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I measure in kgs, so I do count the number after the decimal point. Officially I weigh in once a week, first thing in the morning before food/water/exercise. Sometimes, out of curiosity, I weigh in on other days just to see how different workouts/foods/water intake affect me...I notice that the little number can fluctuate widely as a result!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yup, because I'm weighing in KG and that decimal point means a whole lot in terms of weight than it does in lbs.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I count EVERYthing! Hey, I worked hard for it -- so why should I ignor the results I get, no matter how big or small?
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    My scale measures in kg and I'm logging in pounds, so first I convert to pounds using an online calculator with the decimal point, and then I take the result in pounds and round based on standard mathematical rules, so down if the tenths place is 0-4, up if it's 5-9.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I always count the decimal. My scale does 0.2 lb increments and is very consistent. That allows me to weigh myself at the same time every day and track my trends. I don't really worry about being a pound up because I'll usually be a pound and a half down in a day or two.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My scale only does half pounds, and I'm OK with that so yes I do count it (MFP rounds though on some of the places it shows your weight so that's occasionally a bit confusing).
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yup.

Every.little.bit.counts :)
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I don't I round everything up or down
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I just round up or down. It would be ridiculous to me to say I lost .3 lbs, or I weigh 118.6 or whatever!