October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options

It started off as a mix Tuesday night and Wednesday morning it was heavy floating flakes. Fortunately, most had melted by evening. This morning I have about another 2 inches of heavier snow. Temp's are in the high twenties. I currently reside in the U.P. of MI, but I hope to return to Texas after my service contract ends and loose the snow.

Knee seems to be doing fair. I take a 800 mg. script of ibuprofen for pain and wear a specialty brace that reinforces the outside of kneecap inwards for the most part of the patella femoral issue or just use the taping method.

My problem is when I feel pain in the knee it only makes me train harder!

@ Tex - The more I hear you describe what you have to do for that knee, the more I'm glad I have always protected my knees. I'm impressed you are moving as well as you are. Keep it up and remember to always protect those knees. Slow and steady the pace .... blah blah blah. You know the rest of it. Good luck getting back to Texas. Spent many a year in Texas and married a fabulous gal from Texas. I love the cold so I live up north, but you can't get great TexMex food up here and I do miss it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Oct 10: 2 miles
    Oct 11: 0 miles
    Oct 12: 0 miles
    Oct 13: 13.1 miles
    Oct 14: 0 miles
    Oct 15: 0 miles
    Oct 16: 2.75 miles
    Oct 17: 0 miles
    Oct 18: 0 miles
    Oct 19: 5 miles
    Oct 20: 0 miles
    Oct 21: 4.0 miles
    Oct 22: 0 miles
    Oct 23: 4.1 miles

Total: 60.95 miles
    Goal: 50 miles

Sorry for not updating sooner....life happens lol
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    As they say in soccer, "GOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!! And with time to spare :)

exercise.png
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Up to 90.2 miles moved!

exercise.png
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10/23= 4 miles
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    10/23 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Added 4 miles this morning.

exercise.png
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oct 1: 11.0 km
    Oct 2: 5.9 km
    Oct 4: 6.3 km
    Oct 5: 11.0 km
    Oct 10: 9.0 km
    Oct 12: 8.7 km
    Oct 13: 7.0 km
    Oct 15: 11.7 km
    Oct 21: 4.1 km
    Oct 22: 7.5 km
    Oct 23: 7.5 km
    Oct 24: 7.3 km

Total: 97.0 km (60.27 miles)

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    @ Spikesmom - Way to go!!!!! GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    +3.6 mi run after work yesterday!

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Another 25 miles added on. Up to 304 so far. I think I'm going to make it.

exercise.png
    @sufferlandria
    You ARE going to make it! Let me cheer you up!!!
    cheer.gif

@spikesmom
    Thumbs_21.gif
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My apologies for the spreadsheet not getting updated sooner. I was tied up much of the day today and will be again tomorrow. I'm working on getting the spreadsheet updated right now. Hang tight, please.
    Hurry up!..No, I'm just kidding. :laugh: Take your time, Dave. I'm sure that everyone appreciates everything that you do...reading through allll of these posts to update the spreadsheet annnnd post stuff to motivate us. :smile:

You really need to try going back to just one app....
    I never used just one. This is going to be so hard. I feel like an addict. :laugh: I'm trying to figure out which one I'll choose, though. Probably the Rundouble C25K app since you can export a report of your time/mileage in 5-second intervals. OMG.
    The other thing you can do is remember your route, and map it out ("get directions") on google maps - tells you the distance, at least as accurately as a phone GPS. You can change it to "walking" so that footpaths etc can be chosen, and click and drag on the route to change it. If your start and end point is the same, add a midpoint as a destination.
    That's a good idea, too. Thanks, Sam!
    Why can't he learn that skunks are not husky puppies?
    :laugh: And, you had to walk? I don't blame you. I wouldn't want the smell in my car.
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • da1syJane
    da1syJane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    3.89 for yesterday!

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    and ME! :drinker::drinker::drinker: <snip>

This month we have collectively moved 12,660 miles! And since this Challenge began three years ago this month, we have moved a grand total of a staggering 262,096 miles!!! WOW! That's some real moving!!

Dave
    Darkrider42

@Darkrider42 - YO - Congrats on you making goal too!
    Thanks again for all your work here! Great Job! - This is one of the best challenges here because it is focused, easy, and is a lot of fun with all the gifs and stuff.

I check the spreadsheet every day too! - I am a "geek" and it really motivates me! Carry on!
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Update:

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    Options
    @darkrider
    Woohoo!!!!
    congrats.gif
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I have thought about putting an anime pic on my profile, but the problem is all the pictures are of "copyrighted material", and with my luck I would get caught. Thanks for the encouragement, though I hope not to have a repeat of yesterday. Most of my steps were to and from the dog groomers where I took my dog to get rid of his skunk smell. Why can't he learn that skunks are not husky puppies?:sad:

@ Animefan - Skunk! Gotta love it. Did the groomer get rid of the smell?

Mostly, Bandit is a coon/husky mix, so he has very long hair. We were worried that there would not be much the groomer could do. He was able to get rid of the skunk smell, but for some reason Bandit now has that "sickly" smell that you find in hospitals or wherever there are a lot of sick people. The groomer said the residual smell should fade in a couple of days, so fingers crossed.
  • speedyf
    Options

I have thought about putting an anime pic on my profile, but the problem is all the pictures are of "copyrighted material", and with my luck I would get caught. Thanks for the encouragement, though I hope not to have a repeat of yesterday. Most of my steps were to and from the dog groomers where I took my dog to get rid of his skunk smell. Why can't he learn that skunks are not husky puppies?:sad:

@ Animefan - Skunk! Gotta love it. Did the groomer get rid of the smell?

Mostly, Bandit is a coon/husky mix, so he has very long hair. We were worried that there would not be much the groomer could do. He was able to get rid of the skunk smell, but for some reason Bandit now has that "sickly" smell that you find in hospitals or wherever there are a lot of sick people. The groomer said the residual smell should fade in a couple of days, so fingers crossed.

This happened to my dog... three times in the last year!!! What worked best for us: Pepsi!!! You're probably doing this right now :huh: , but I'm not kidding! True story! Just use it like it was shampoo.