Advice please?

Options
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on how not to be overwhelmed and discouraged by the amount of weight i still have left to lose. I know I've already lost a good deal but when I look at my goal weight it just seems so unattainable. Help!

Lauren

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It is human nature to want what we want and want it NOW! The reality of the situation though is that the things that we want that are truly worth it actually take a little time and some effort on our part. Getting discouraged is natural. It is how you pick yourself up, reassure yourself, and remain strong that defines you and your journey. You CAN do this and you WILL do this. Understand that you are going to feel this way many times alnog the way and that that is ok as long as you reach out to your support system and ask for some support. We are all here for each other!!!! You are doing so SO well!!!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    17 pounds down is awesome!! You are doing great! Now, as for getting discouraged you got to remind yourself that you are doing it for yourself and no one else. Yeah, it is a lot of weight to drop at once but understand it will take time. I have been working on weight loss since April 2007. It has been a long journey for me. I am down 87 pounds from my heaviest weight and still have 43 more pounds to go. I have been stuck at this weight for about two months now. Does it suck? Yes! But I keep telling myself I am doing this the right way and taking it off slowly which means it is more likely to stay off. Now with that in mind you have to train yourself to understand that this is a slow process. It will take time and it will be worth it. Just remember that. Then you always have MFP'ers to lean on in those hard days.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way years ago. I would want the pounds gone almost instantly, but reality is, not going to happen. You didn't put them on over night. It took a few years. You won't lose it over night either. Just keep sticking with what you're doing and KNOW that you will just keep getting closer to a better, fit you.
  • tummer
    tummer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Set some small goals, like set a two week goal! Don't look at the entire goal at the moment. Keep focused on a day at a time, and be proud of how far you have come!!!!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Take everything one day at a time... it wil come with time... you didnt gain all your weight overnight so dont expect it to come off over night either. I have Alot of weight to lose and I am gonna be at it for a while. I have accepted this.