Blaster Pancakes !

Options
I just heard of a product called Organic Pancake/ Waffle Blaster. It's in a can (like whipped cream). Can't wait to give it a try. Low in fat. Has anyone tried this product ? Feel free to add me to your MFP friends list. As, I'm always loving all the imput from everyone. I have gotten some amazing tips.

Replies

• seasha86
    Options
    I havent tried it but a friend of mine has and she said they were not any good :(
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I saw these in the store and was so tempted to get them because I thought they were hilarious. A family shopping at the same time stopped me though and told me they were terrible. But tastes vary, so you'll have to let us know if you like them. I have a really easy recipe for pancakes that is fairly low in fat if the blaster pancakes don't work out.
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So far, not looking good. :ohwell:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I tried them a while back and they did not taste good :(
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yeah we tried them and decided they were just so/so
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine swears her kids love them, but I just can't imagine that, even being low fat, they are any good for you. There would have to be something mixed in to help them foam out of the container. While one look at my food diary would tell you I am not a food purist by any stretch of the imagination, but I have found that staying away from processed foods has helped my weight loss and overall well being. Pancakes can be so simple to make from scratch, why ruin a good thing? Another poster just posted a 3 ingredient high protein pancake. I tried it, and it is so easy and makes just 1 pancake. Can't get easier than that.

L
  • stephqj
    stephqj Posts: 20
    Options
    Pancakes in general can be pretty low in fat. I always use a Better Homes & Gardens recipe, which uses very little oil. Canola oil and lowfat milk. Sometimes I replace a 1/4 cup of the flour with ground almond meal, which makes them super delicious and adds extra protein and fiber, plus tons of good stuff for your heart. Very little oil or spray on a non-stick surface, and you're good to go.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Easy, peasy pancakes:

Makes 24 mini pancakes (about 1/8 cup batter each)

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
    2 tbsp sugar
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 1/2 cup skim milk
    1 large egg
    2 tbsp canola oil
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine dry and mix. Add wet and stir until smooth. Cook on a non-stick skillet at medium low heat until golden brown.

Each mini pancake (1/8 cup batter) contains: 47 cals, 7g carbs, 2 g fat, 1 g protein, 51 mg sodium, trace fiber

(Use 1/4 cup of batter for larger pancakes, simply double the nutritional information.)

You can make them a bit healthier by reducing the oil to 1 tbsp and switching up to half of the flour to whole wheat flour (I've found that too much more make the pancakes fairly grainy and they don't rise as well). Hope this helps. My kid loves pancakes and I probably make them 2 or 3 times a week.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Why not make Fat-free Wheat Pancakes:

Replace the oil with applesauce
    Replace the egg with eggbeaters
    Add some cinnamon if you like

Walla :flowerforyou:
  • krisdw
    krisdw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I bought them last week and had some (no syrup), and again today to finish off the can. ended up not even eating what I cooked.. not a fan.

love the concept, just not the taste!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    my sister bought this and i ribbed her for at least a collective hour on the phone about it ... called it "cancakes"

a pancake is the most simple thing a person could ever make. to buy it premixed or premade in any form is a waste of money, time, effort and crude oil.

not trying to be a jerk about it, but seriously: it's a pancake.
  • jlsironen
    jlsironen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I haven't heard of these, not tooooo sure about em! Just keep in mind that you want the carbs to be kept low. Even if the fat/calories are low, if it's high in carbs it's going to cause a spike in blood sugar and convert what you're eating to fat (boooo). If the carbs are under 25g per serving then go girl go! :)