Alternative to creamer for coffee

Options

Replies

• sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    i WILL NOT give up my coffee made how i like it! like, REFUSE, no matter what calorie amount i'm aiming for lol. I have discovered that the best thing for my "diet" is to use real half and half (or use fat free half and half, it's usually just as good and half the cals) and sugar free syrup (bought from starbucks for $7.50 for a bottle that lasts me MONTHS, usually but you can find it in many stores) is the best way to go. I haven't found anything else i like. i got myself off of ADDING artificial sweeteners to my coffee and this is the only way to get my fix, per se. The sugar free syrups are very sweet- yes, because of the fake sugar- but i add less because they are so sweet.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I went from 3 sugars and cream to black. I did it slowly a little less each week or so. I now indulge in the creamer once or twice a day, just a little and cut it with skim milk. I enjoy having the choice of being able to go black or light. Flavored coffee helped in the weaning process. I absolutely did not like the soy and also almond milk and also tried different flavors and brands.
  • LinnieZ8808
    Options
    a pinch of cayenne is wonderful too!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I use protein power. I shake it up in a mixer cup with a little water (or milk) and then I pour it into my coffee. What ever flavor you like works.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like to use butter in my coffee, and heavy cream, but coconut cream can be a nice addition.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm going through withdrawals right now because I'm giving up coffee till the end of the month... if I can last that long. I like my coffee creamy and sweet, so when I add creamer and sugar, I increase the calorie total to around 90 -95 calories.

I like the diet hot chocolate mix idea lol. I have some new things that just may work when I go back to my coffee.

Thanks ladies!
  • TammyVieu
    TammyVieu Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I first started I figured out my average liquid consumption (unsweeted tea and coffee w/equal and creamer) and it came to nearly the same amount as my normal weekday activity calories so I just dont eat those back and dont count drinks unless it is something besides those 2. Worked for me and still works during maintenance. Good Luck.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I don't want to use the powdered creamers, so I use fat free half and half. 40 calories in 2 tablespoons.
  • homlad
    homlad Posts: 6
    Options
    The better the coffee the less of the need their is for cream and sugar to mask to flavor IMHO, people I work with use a lot of coffeemate and I think it's because the coffee they make is the most foul light brown water I can imagine. The right amount of good fresh beans ground right before brewing using the right water temperature can make coffee that tastes sweet on its own. If you really want to use cream I suggest cashew cream, you can make it yourself or buy it, there's a brand that's called Mimicream and they have some flavored ones. Mixing vanilla extract with cashew cream would probably make a nice creamer.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    milk...

and whip cream. nom nom nom
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but I love cool whip in my coffee....low fat and flavorful. They have a vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavored cool whip. I have this especially for a treat in the afternoon with some decaf coffee. Fat free frozen yogurt is good in some decaf coffee in the evenings too. In the mornings I just use plain rice milk, vanilla rice milk, coffee mate or whatever I can find that does not add a lot of calories or fat. I change it up every few days so I don't get bored with the flavor. Coffee is my favorite food. LOL!

I've been using a low-fat whipped cream (in the aerated refrigerated canisters) in my coffee. Will have to try the frozen yoghurt--sounds delish! I'm also going to look for the DaVinci Sugar free coffee syrup mentioned by another poster!
  • arcticqueen
    arcticqueen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use Sugar-free creamers usually. I have to have some kind of milkiness in my coffee.
  • arcticqueen
    arcticqueen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on a blog I read a lot called Premeditated Leftovers.

Do-It-Yourself French Vanilla Creamer

14 oz. can of condensed milk
    28 oz. milk (I usually use nonfat milk, but was out when I made this batch.)
    1 T - 1 1/2 T vanilla (I use artificial vanilla)

Pour the can of condensed milk into a pitcher. Fill the can two times with milk, adding the milk to the pitcher. Add vanilla to taste. Stir well. Keep refrigerated.

Edited to add: Did the math. Works out to about 20 calories per tablespoon, using sweetened condensed milk. :) Not bad!
    I decided to try this since I ran out of creamer. I used Torani sugar free caramel instead of vanilla and Silk Light instead of milk. OMG! It was so good and only 23 calories per tablespoon! Thank you for this recipe!
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I gave up creamers and just use flavored coffee with agave syrup or black. It's easier.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate French Vanilla addict here. I recently (like last week) tried the Davinci (at my Walmart) bought unsweetened vanilla almond milk and fat free half and half. Mixed 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup fat free half and half and started with a half cup of Davinci French Vanilla Sugarfree syrup. Not enough vanilla upped another half cup. So 1 cup each. Its ok NOTHING like Coffeemate french vanilla. Lets just say I went back to the coffeemate. I would rather really enjoy my coffee than suffer through it. Ive also tried the Silk vanilla coffee creamer again its ok. Ive tried the Silk very vanilla soymilk, again its ok. Ive decided that Ive lost the weight and I did it while drinking my creamer every morning. Its a small enjoyment that Im not giving up anytime soon.
    On another note the woman from AUS said that they dont have the flavor stuff and I can attest to this my husband is from AUS and Ive been told I better pack my creamer to take it with me cuz they dont have it down under lol
  • shelltherunner
    shelltherunner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use nonfat milk and if I want flavor then I sprinkle in cinnamon or nutmeg into my cup. Give me flavor without added calories or artificial sweeteners.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just started coffee mate sugar free non-dairy creamer... I like :)
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I still use fat free milk, 1/3 of a cup, with the sugar free Torani syrups.. so yummy. And I love cinnamon in my coffee as well like others have mentioned.
  • hazenson
    hazenson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cinnamin and honey for me- with a touch of coffeemate vanilla creamer-- but I think im going to try that recipe, That sounds like a great idea, but Im going to stick with the cinnamin and honey, their just plain good and good for me!
  • HealthySOM
    Options
    I love vanilla almond milk in mine, or even a few drops of vanilla extract! I drink coffee literally every single day! And since now prepping for my first bikini comp I thought I was going to have to give it up! So glad I found ways to make it work! :)