75 pounds gone, goodbye 300's

Options
Went to the Doctors office yesterday for my regular monthly check in and weigh out. I was disappointed last month when I had only lost 3 lbs, sitting at 303:( So when I stepped on the scale, I had to look long and hard to make sure I was seeing what it was really saying. I lost 10 lbs in the month, almost enough to make me do a happy dance on the scale :) I have not seen a number under 300 lbs for at least 20 years, so I am quite happy. Went shopping for some new pants since my jeans are all 48's. Went to Target and the largest jeans I could find is a size 42. Decided to try them on to see if they fit, and even more to my surprise, they fit and were not even tight. Not ready for 40's, but they are not that far away either. One other good thing about my current weight is my wife said if I get under 300, I get a new phone. Already decided I am getting the new BlackBerry Z30, just need to get down to the local store and pick it up.

Replies

• kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations and keep on keeping on!!!! Fantastic news!
  • JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats, celebrate the milestones, they help with the motivation. I'm celebrating a big one today!

I found I hit a plateau right as I got below 300, it took awhile to see the scale move again, but now I'm very comfortably away from that milestone.

Keep up the great work!
  • dnaphil
    dnaphil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am on the same path right now. I started on MFP at 375 and cannot wait until I cross under the 300 line. It will be for me, same as you, nearly 20 years I have been over 300 lbs.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Congrats (but get an iPhone LOL) and keep pushing!
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is a huge milestone and you should be really proud of yourself. Nice job!

Edit - putting in a nice word for the HTC One. ;) lol.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !! It is a big deal to realize that we will never see 300 again. Now to get it so we never see 200 again (I'm half-way there)

And - I have to agree with the iPhone, having used Androids for years up to this last upgrade
  • cjsroute24
    cjsroute24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's very impressive!! Nice Job!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you loss! (just stay away from a Windows 8 phone, the apps are terrible)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    so awesome!
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome feat, keep up the great work.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you. Have fun playing with your new phone!
  • Lucymay
    Options
    WOW you are an inspiration to everyone !
  • rick3791
    rick3791 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep it up....I was 380 4/12 years ago...made lifestyle change ...weighed 185 today....great job...Rick
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't waste such a victory on a Blackberry or anything Apple. Get an Android!!!
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I toys? Pahhh sorry I will take a real, secure work phone over anything made by the original fruit company. And androids are not that special either. But each have their own opinion, and it is my victory to celibrate as i wish.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!