Looking to add ppl with 1200 cals per day. Need food ideas.

Options

Replies

• hetx2mommy
    Options
    i am on 1200 cals a day and my diary is open. however, i did this for four months straight, stopped in august, but started logging again yesterday. in those 4 months, i dropped 29 lbs. since beginning of august to now, i gained back 5 lbs. I'd like to lose 35 more!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Where is the moderator?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm short - only 5'1" which is why MFP suggests 1200 cals/day for me. I put that I want to lose up to 2 lbs per week which is probably another reason why. I used to do Weight Watchers back in the day and 1200 calories was about right for my height/weight combination.

A couple things, your ticker says you don't need to lose much. If that's the case, 2lb/wk is really fast. You should set your goals at 0.5-1 lb/wk. Disregard all that is you need to lose a substantial amount of weight, over 75lbs. Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories to get to a "NET" of 1200 calories a day. MFP already sets you up at a deficit and netting less than 1200 a day for long periods of time is not healthy. As you get closer to your goal weight you will want to slowly add calories to your diet, starting at say 50/day so as not to shock your system when you get to maintenance.

Take the time to understand BMR and TDEE as well, this will help you adjust as you go along in your journey.

I'm not a 1200 cal/day person, I'm way too active but I also know a lot of people who have had great success. Make sure you get all your fruits and veggies in.

Good luck!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welllll....I want to eat the 1200 cals a day MFP suggested, but I am wishy-washy, and only hit that maybe every other day. My biggest problem is in the evening. I will have done well all day and then blow it . I eat the same old -same old everyday, so my diary is boring. I like what I have, but it's not even close to any variety.
    It is encouraging to see people losing weight with more daily calories. For instance 1500-1700. I am a very impatient person when it comes to something like watching the scale, or waiting to get into smaller clothes. That's how I ended up with the 1200 from MFP. I was on fire out of the gate, but am pooping out in the straightaway...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Where is the moderator?

why would a moderator be needed? mfp sets people to 1200 cals a day...
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Where is the moderator?

why would a moderator be needed? mfp sets people to 1200 cals a day...

Exactly. People on here act like we are STARVING ourselves on 1200 calories a day. Seriously, Dr.'s put obese people on 800 calorie a day diets all the time and they don't starve but they do lose the extra weight. If she wants to eat 1200 calories a day why does it matter to anyone else but her? If you want to eat 6,000 a day, none of us will say anything to you either.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Me me pick me.i have been eating approx 1200 cals a day for over 3 yrs and always looking for new ideas
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1230 a day but I eat my exercise calories back (hey I earned em!), but I like to think I have some good recipes and most of my meals are between 250-450 cals. Feel free to add.
  • RonW956
    RonW956 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you're at 1200 calories per day and are willing to share your Diary (as am I), please add me! I'm always interested in seeing what other people are eating for ideas. Thanks!

I average about 1000-1200cal a day and I feel perfectly fine. I find that eating mostly vegetables (a LOT of steamed frozen mixed veggies) keeps me full longer yet they are very low in calories yet Im still getting on average 40-50gr of protein a day as well.
    anyone of you can add me!
  • UndressJess
    UndressJess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm set at a little over 1200 calories a day & have been for awhile if y'll would like to see what I eat on a regular basis. ;)
  • kawaiifurby
    kawaiifurby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you want, i tend to eat around 1000-1200 but am extremely sedentary!!
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My goal is 1200 calories a day (at the behest of my doctor).
  • DamoniqueW
    DamoniqueW Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ditto! You can add me.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    1100-1500 here :) Feel free to add me! I love sharing recipes
  • TiaXL
    TiaXL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me, I was on a 1200 calorie diet and just increased to 1480 when I started working out. My diary is open and I did around 200 - 250 calories per meal. Love to share!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    im at 1256! add me if u want
  • fitzfam2009
    fitzfam2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can use some support! I have 1200 cals day and I am just now getting back to it after a long few months!!! ADD ME
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to around 1200/day also. I'm not as strict with myself as I was when I was really wanting to lose, but 1200 works for me! Good luck :)
  • dgraboski
    dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 calories a day as wellfeel free to add me
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    HI, You can add me maybe we can share food ideas. Thanks