Progresso Soups

Options
So I had the Progresso Chicken Gumbo (reduced sodium) yesterday for lunch and I LOVED IT! Im thinking about doing soup and sandwich again for lunch, but I want to try a different flavor. Whats your favorite Progresso soup?

Replies

• IKnowICan
    Options
    I LOVE Chicken & Rice Progresso Soup ...I add a little Parmasan Cheese to make it my own (Italian here):drinker: . Sometimes if I'm really wanting more I'll add a few oyster crackers on top (they're so cute & yummy). :tongue:
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    I like the chicken cheese enchilada and it comes in carb control!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Light chicken noodle, Garden Vegtable, and chicken & rice. I have these for Dinner at LEAST 2 nights a week! :)
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm eating the light chicken and dumpling right now for lunch it's pretty good....
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The light clam chowder is awesome!
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Chicken and cheese enchilada, it is yummy . I can eat the whole can (under 350 calories)
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Oh the Lite Pot Roast is also Yummy and the whole can is only 18o calories. :tongue: The sodium is the killer, but at least salt doesn't turn into fat. :wink:
  • dmcbeauty
    Options
    I'm eating Progresso Light Santa Fe Style Chicken right now. It's one of my favs! I eat that with 5 nabisco multi-grain crackers and a piece of fruit. Yummy!
  • jacj46
    jacj46 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love the Minestrone (RS) ... I drain a little of the soup off ... yummy!
  • myricksmom
    myricksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The light Pot Roast is super filling and acts as a wonderful comfort food when you are in need of such!!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Question: Calories are GREAT on these, but isn't the sodium high? just asking. I retain water so i try to keep my sodium kinda under control... and if i eat progresso I find myself eating the whole can? anyone else?
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Love the whole line with Lentil being my favorite. But aren't they a little high in sodium? That's why I shy away a bit.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    So I had the Progresso Chicken Gumbo (reduced sodium) yesterday for lunch and I LOVED IT! Im thinking about doing soup and sandwich again for lunch, but I want to try a different flavor. Whats your favorite Progresso soup?

Low sodium gumbo?! I gotta try that. I normally don't opt for soup because of the sodium content.
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat the Progresso Lenti Soup two or three times a week. I don't eat the whole can - just half for a serving.

Sometimes I put a little whole wheat pasta in it, but it also good with just some parmasean cheese.
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For those in the Northeast, they are 10 for $10 til Thursday for the good ones at Shaw's Supermarkets
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Question: Calories are GREAT on these, but isn't the sodium high? just asking. I retain water so i try to keep my sodium kinda under control... and if i eat progresso I find myself eating the whole can? anyone else?

Yes, they are very high in sodium for one meal. The chicken gumbo I had yesterday had 450 mg for 1 cup of soup and there is 2 servings in the can. But this wasnt a big deal for me as I still managed to stay under my sodium for the day.
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken cheese enchilada and it comes in carb control!

MMM now this sounds like my kind of soup! Does it have a little spice to it?
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had Progresso World Recipes Tortilla Y Pollo (Chicken tortilla) yesterday. OMG!!!!! So good. 110 calories for 1 cup and it really fills you up. The sodium is through the roof but I drank extra water to balance it out.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I love the light pot roast, I have only tried a few of them but now I am going to have to try more, thanks
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    I love progresso's tomato basil (reduced sodium) so yummy