Fitness Gadgets Geeks

Options
I am fitness gadget geek. I am currently considering getting Fitbit Force or the Polar Loop. I currently use the Fitbit Flex. Yes it is new. I like gadgets. Has anyone else looked at the Force and Loop and have an opinion?

Replies

• SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    Gave up Phat Leet Loot in RPGs for fitness gadgets myself and am waiting for my Loop to arrive. I used a Fit Bit Ultra and it really screwed me up when the Negative calories first started syncing over. Wont go back because I finally got it through my dense head that an "Activity" Tracker is just that and if it does not catch all of your activities than don't let it sync and control your intake. I use a Bodymedia now and it is better at calculating what your body is doing, not estimating from an external effect like an Activity tracker does. The loop is still an activty tracker but with the twist of a HRM tie-in. So cool new twist, I am buying, it will not replace my BM but be another view. The " Amiigo" MAY be the next step since it uses two sensors to figure out your activity and than can better estimate what you are doing So when doing treadmill or elliptical it will know and give you better credit, so maybe that will be the next.
    Still waiting for the implant that really tracks my calories burned and a camera that can photograph my plate then enter calories consumed. Until then I LOVE my Body media I just wish it wasn't so bulky and I could move it around. Will never go back to fitbit until they figure out I burn less calories sleeping than sitting up and typing or standing in front of the refrigerator..

Yes more money than sense but that is what retirement is all about, we age and lose our sense and we have more mony with the kids being gone and house paid for LOL.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for the implant that really tracks my calories burned and a camera that can photograph my plate then enter calories consumed. Until then I LOVE my Body media I just wish it wasn't so bulky and I could move it around. Will never go back to fitbit until they figure out I burn less calories sleeping than sitting up and typing or standing in front of the refrigerator..

I'm also keen on getting some sort of USB port in the implant, so you update and add your own apps... and maybe open source code, so that you can tweek it the way you like too. Oh... and the implant needs to be able to read danger signals pre-injury and if you're a cross fitter, tell you to stop after DOMS is a certainty and before rhabdo.... erm some sort or nausea or unpleasantness when you go over your caloric goals would be awesome and an attachable google glass, that will give you warnings on your nutrient levels and when you are starting to dehydrate and need to drink more water... oh and when you are not allowed to drive legally, by testing your blood alcohol level not your breath...

tee hee hee
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have the flex. I pre-ordered the force then canceled it when I read it wasn't water resistant. I'm so used to showering with my flex I can't fathom remembering to take it off.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I ***really*** want the Polar Loop. But I will have to wait until they release the android app for it (I don't have an iphone and will NEVER have an iphone). :grumble:
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love it- would have loved to switch to the Force except I think it would get in my way at work :(
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I ***really*** want the Polar Loop. But I will have to wait until they release the android app for it (I don't have an iphone and will NEVER have an iphone). :grumble:

with you on this... I am an apple hater. They even put me off the fruit a little.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I have two polar heart rate transmitters. One connects to the watch the other to my phone. If you want to use one transmitter that connects to your phone and watch you have to use the iphone. I have refused to buy an iphone to this point. I may have to relent and buy the iphone because the iphone is the ony phone that will connect to the loop. The loop will also connect to your transmitter if you want your heart rate. I have used the fitbit products for a couple of years now. I really like the functionality and ease of use. The loop would mean I would have one device to monitor heart rate and activities. That would be great. Plus it focuses on what is most important to me the accuratee daily calorie count. I am not a big apple fan either but I am considering it now. I really like the flex but but the loop looks really good to me.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I have refused to buy an iphone to this point. I may have to relent and buy the iphone because the iphone is the ony phone that will connect to the loop.

Be patient. Polar IS working on an android app for the Loop. Don't go over to the dark side!