How do you take measurements

Options
I think I'm doing it wrong. How do you know your in the same spot? I've read its supposed to be the largest area, but I mean, If I'm lower, higher even by a little bit it could show smaller or bigger....

So what does everyone else do?

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    :I can't explain how I know where I'm measuring, I just do. lol. My waist is easy, I measure the part that usually has red marks from my jeans digging in. :tongue: That's a really good question, though.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    depends on what you want to messure, but normaly you pick a spot that the same. example, for belly, go accross the belly button.

bottom line is, pick same spot and it will be your guide on your inch loss.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    my hubby 'eyeballs' it. He uses parts as landmarks lol. Like from the small of my back to my belly button. or two inches from the shoulder. It wont be 100% accurate but it will be close :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Ya for my belly, I did belly button.... my issue is mostly with my hips & chest. I *think* I remember your supposed to measure your chest across the nipples...but I have boobs...I mean how much squishing or not squishing am i supposed to be doing lol. Or my hips...that ALWAYS confuses me...I'm just reading to much into this aren't I? I just don't want to do it wrong, and then be all grumpy cause it looks like I'm not losing...or getting fatter lol.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I measure across my belly button and across my nipples. For others, I just do a best guess.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    221_measureart02.png
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    replying to this to mark it ... thanks for the diagram post Erin!
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Measuring my waist and hips gives the illusion I am thinner than I am. All my fat is in my belly but above my hips and below my waist.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that diagram! I've been measuring around my belly button and wondered how the hell I was ever going to get that to be below 32 inches, I've got a big frame and that just didn't seem possible, especially as I'm not far from a mid point BMI and that measurement is 35! (down from 38) I measured where the diagram said and I'm 31 inches:bigsmile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    well shoot...if I knew I was supposed to measure higher than my belly button I would have been good (I'm smaller there than around my belly button where all my fat is! lol) Thanks for the pictures, they were really helpful!