Night on the town, is there a healthier cocktail?

Options

Replies

• jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had a vanilla vodka and diet coke the other night, it was pretty good!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is a salad acceptable as a pot luck dish?

My favourite is watercress, segments of blood orange or grapefruit, cubed avocado, and toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you are good at tracking and eating within your calories every day then you shouldnt have to worry about one night. I tend to go out 1 time per month and i dont worry about what i eat or what i drink, and i drink a lot on those nights lol Drink water during the night as well.
    Enjoy yourself and get back on track the next day. The worst that ever happens to me is I have some water retention but it goes away as long as you get back on track right away. :drinker:
  • dk1010
    dk1010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Captain and diet coke, Vodka and diet sprite, or any alcohol mixed with crystal light/ mio drink (water and calorie-free flavoring). Also, try to switch up drinking alcohol and water to help with digestion and to make you feel fuller to not drink/ eat as much. But like they said, have fun and don't worry about it too much. Just try not to do the late night junk food eating when you are "feeling good", that will really add up the calories.
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Water and vodka, add some mio, DELISH! :drinker:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Guinness.
  • aftonslater
    aftonslater Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    vodka, water & lime juice =) or lemon. doesn't sound appealing but it's pretty tasty and you're only getting calories from the vodka! also, hangovers are minimal since theres no sugar and you're getting well hydrated at the same time
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    You may wind up like I was for a while and actually lose weight after a night of heavy drinking, and not due to dehydration.
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
    Basically I retain water, and drinking is one way I'm able to get rid of that water retention... Kinda cool, but not exactly normal.
  • RebeccaBecca26
    Options
    Rum and Diet coke, is what I plan on drinking tonight- and its about 110 cal. per shot. that is your typical shot slightly over 1 oz. (You know the glass shot glasses- its that amount)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's one night, just enjoy. If you're really concerned just stay away from sweet cocktails.
  • Wrxsti23
    Options
    I personally love vodka and can't stand beer or wine.
    I would do a vodka with some crystal light in a flavor that you like. I would add some water too of course.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    from what i can tell a standard shot of pretty much any liquor is about the same calorie wise to a serving of beer or wine.

serving for serving light beers are probably lowest cal.

there is also miller 64 and things like that. They have a lower then normal alcohol content, so if the object is to get smashed your going to end up drink more of them. but if you drink 12 its like driniking 6 regular beers calorie wise.

my advice, smoke pot
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I personally love vodka and can't stand beer or wine.
    I would do a vodka with some crystal light in a flavor that you like. I would add some water too of course.

This...

it's what I am drinking tonight too...vodka and club soda with some flavoring...and some blackfly vodka coolers long island ice tea type.

My down fall is what I eat while I drink...blah
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Personally, I save up for drinking; burn some calories earlier and try to burn some the next day (depending on how successful the night was).

As for actual drinks, I usually have a gin and tonic or Guinness. I forget the actual calorie count in each, but they're not to bad. But stay away from sweet and fruity cocktails. Also try to log things as they come. No point in trying to play detective the next morning on what you drank the night before :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Skinny margaritas!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Bacardi or Vodka, soda and lime. An ox of vodka is average 69 calories.
  • bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any flavoured vodka mixed with soda water! My favourite is raspberry, and throw a big squeeze of fresh lemon or lime in there. Soda is great because it gives you the fizz without any calories.

Be sure not to confuse this with tonice water though...tonic is full of sugar and calories.

Also, be sure to actually measure your vodka. Free pouring usually leads to 2-3 ounces instead of one!

Enjoy!!!
  • tegeos
    tegeos Posts: 20
    Options
    Any alcoholic beverage is usually high in calories. And alcohol inhibits fat burning (and any stored energy burning) till it's burned off out of your system.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Well that was a total buzz kill! :)
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We drink vodka and diet soda (or diet sparkling cranberry/lemonade), if we are buying our own we buy the lower cal vodka (Skinny Girl) which is 46 cals a shot, I think. I think normal vodka is in the 60s or 70s per bar shot.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Meh!! I would just go out enjoy whatever it was I wanted to drink and get up the next day and hit the gym and burn it out of my system.... You gotta pay to play..... lol Have Fun..... It is only one night...... :drinker:

THIS, THIS, THIS!!! if you are scale driven, don't get on it for a week!! lol, otherwise, just go and enjoy yourself. and drink some water throughout the night and a *kitten* ton of it the next day!!