I hate Diet Pills....I vow never again.

Options
I am not a big fan of taking diet pills, but recently during a stupid and deserpate measure I heard someone talk about some chinese detox pills. Desperate as I was I forced myself to fork out $40 to pay for these pills in hopes that it will jump start my weight loss process. Well more than half way through the bottle and I've only lost 3lbs if even, the hunger pains aren't as strong as they normally are but I feel so out of breath and like my bones are going to jump out of my skin. This has always been the feeling I get whenever I try these damn diet pills. I hate this feeling...like I can't sit still! To feel like this with no weight loss results, totally not worth it.

I've come to the conclusion that I am one of those people who just can't take the easy way out.

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You are not alone - no one can take the easy way out, lose weight AND keep it off. It took alot of time to put it on and it will take just as long to take it off. Calories In - Calories Out. Did we really think that would change? Best of luck!
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    AMEN!!!!! I agree with you.... it's exercise, eating right with good nutrition! THat is the Magic Pill....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    lesson learned....good for you for realizing healthy is best:flowerforyou:
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    No one can take the easy way out - I tried no end of diets/pills and potions but I have found the only way that really works is exercise and eating right xxx
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I wish someone would explain that to my best friend. She spends more money on fad diets, she is now shelling out $200.00 for the HCG. She thinks if she loses the first 10 fast that will keep her motivated, until I told her what the diet consisted of and knowing her she won't stick with the 500 calories. She will loose it and then gain it right back. Man I wish she would just listen, before she fails again.
  • iavue
    iavue Posts: 63
    Options
    oh...and I been feelings more anxious and different than I ever felt before. I am tossing them!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I was reading some of the posts on the HCG message board and do not understand that diet at all...............on some days they talk about eating everything you can and it is called a "load" day, and then the next day they diet and lose the load day stuff.........what?
  • iavue
    Options
    well...I think that the pills are making me more chemically imbalance now than I ever was before. If your friend is willing to shell out money like that maybe she should just join a place where someone will hold her accountable to count her calories and eat right. I know many people who have done it and succeed because they can afford it. For some of us, we can't so something like this is great, all the perks, it's free and teaches us self discpline.

The truth that she has to realize is that she has to hold herself accountable, and I know that is hard to do but once you come to terms with yourself on that, you can get yourself on the right track.
  • kmhinte
    Options
    If you could get skinny by taking a pill, everyone would be skinny!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I was reading some of the posts on the HCG message board and do not understand that diet at all...............on some days they talk about eating everything you can and it is called a "load" day, and then the next day they diet and lose the load day stuff.........what?
    It's because it doesn't make sense to anyone but those on it...there's the apple day, the steak day, or melba toast day....sheesh, none of it makes sense logically but they say it's not a fad diet that some guy 50 years ago started the diet, though he's dead now though.:noway: :laugh: I sure couldn't live on 500 cals a day, plus the plan says you aren't allowed to workout??:huh: I never heard of it as many of the rest of us on here hadn't either until all the fighting on here started over it. Seems ppl that are on that 'diet' are a very defensive, aggresssive group...unsure why, perhaps it causes paranoia like some diet pills and such as a side effect of not eating?

The load days they speak of are stuffing yourself so badly you make yourself sick, someone shared getting their period 6 times one month...wow, that alone would have me running the other way. I've read of persons on the net started getting periods after menopause, facial paralysis (YIKES..way too scary a diet to play with for me, who knows what the future side effects even are!)

That just doesn't seem healthy...I'm not sure I understand why one would take womens urine in shots or pill form (under the tongue or whatever) only to go on and have your period continue off and on throughout the month. Spooky is guys doing the diet, pregnancy hormones for a guy? Dang, as we know as women hormones are crazy enough at time without adding more!:tongue:

Ppl try the short cuts...and we all know what happens when we go the short cut route...:noway: weight comes back and typically more than was lost in the first place.:sick:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    oh...and I been feelings more anxious and different than I ever felt before. I am tossing them!
    :drinker:
  • encourageurself
    encourageurself Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree, they are just a headache and a quick fix. Anything quick won't last. I encourage you to stay on the right track and the long wait will pay off.

WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER...
  • annaatlp84
    Options
    Diet pills are so SCARY to me!! I have a family history of hypertension and the one time I tried to take one dose (I think they were Jillian Michaels) I had a nose bleed because my blood pressure shot up so much. Give me diet and exercise any day!

Maybe try adding 20-30 mins of physical activity and increase your water intake. I'm sure you'll see better results and without the dangerous side-effects.
  • iavue
    Options
    I nomally don't like to take diet pills, I know they are just a temp way yo lose weight and it's never worked for me. I usually gain weight rather than lose weight on diet pills so I don't like them, but I was at an all time low. Thought that I'd give it a try to see if it would help jump start the weight loss, but I should have listened to my inner self and know that it wasn't going to work. Could have saved $40...lesson learned!
  • kdj1224
    kdj1224 Posts: 11
    Options
    i do not take diet pills anymore but I lost 20 pounds in 2 months taking them, so I believe they work. I am wanting to use a different method of dieting just because I hate pills in general but if I have to I will take them again! Also My mother is on sensa and it really works she does not exercise or anything and she lost 30 pounds just by sprinkling the stuff on there. But everyones body is different!
  • iavue
    Options
    yea...everyone is different. Only time I ever lost weight was when I held myself accountable for what I was eating and working out. Now I know for sure that for myself that is the only way for me to get where I want to be!

I miss the person I use to be when I couldn't wait to go to the gym...but I think she's coming back because I joined planet fitness the other day and will be hitting the gym today. Can't wait!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Yeah I was going to do the HCG but a not so strick version, until I found out what it could do to my hormones and cycle, then I said not thanks! I just took care of my migraines due to periods, so I said no thanks to having bring those back and a chance of getting prego even higher. Nope not happenig here! Also the reason that they tell you not to work out while your on HCG, is because you won't have the energy to do so. My friend that is one it, says there is only so many ways that you can doctor up chicken and tuna with herbs. She lost 15lbs in 1 month, then she quit and started hard at the gym is doing great. You have to be major deiplined and I am not!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Yeah I was going to do the HCG but a not so strick version, until I found out what it could do to my hormones and cycle, then I said not thanks! I just took care of my migraines due to periods, so I said no thanks to having bring those back and a chance of getting prego even higher. Nope not happenig here! Also the reason that they tell you not to work out while your on HCG, is because you won't have the energy to do so. My friend that is one it, says there is only so many ways that you can doctor up chicken and tuna with herbs. She lost 15lbs in 1 month, then she quit and started hard at the gym is doing great. You have to be major deiplined and I am not!
    Tracy I'm so glad you didn't get involved in that mess...I'm really proud of you for taking the healthy route instead:flowerforyou: Yea I know I don't need strange hormones in my body, my own make me crazy at times.:laugh: :laugh: I don't need some strangers joining mine to make me totally nuts:tongue::frown: :tongue:
  • annaatlp84
    Options
    yea...everyone is different. Only time I ever lost weight was when I held myself accountable for what I was eating and working out. Now I know for sure that for myself that is the only way for me to get where I want to be!

I miss the person I use to be when I couldn't wait to go to the gym...but I think she's coming back because I joined planet fitness the other day and will be hitting the gym today. Can't wait!

Yay!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!:flowerforyou: